1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Offseason Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Definitely Bibby. You know he'd want to play for Adelman again. His spot up shooting at PG is ideal in a Yao-centric offense.

But with Bibby, Brooks, and Lowry, someone has to go. AB is the weakest link there, so we could play Brooks at SG, or we could shop him, which is what I'd do.

If Wafer leaves, then trade Brooks to get a true backup SG behind McGrady. There's probably better SG options than this, but I've wanted to have Barbosa for awhile. Would help our transition game, and would thrive in a motion offense with his quickness. Fits in the Yao-offense with shooting... efficient shooter (TS% near 60%).

Deke is officially gone after this year :( so maybe we should get a 5 who can actually play every game all season regardless of the matchup.

2. KareemOlajuwon

Do not resign Artest and use his 7mills to sign Ben Gordon, I doubt Ben will resign with the Bulls. He only signed his second contract with them again because he couldn't find a better team. It will be PERFECT!

We could also sign Jason Kidd, an amazing passer and he can rebound too. This would be the best move for a 1 year title run.

Don't forget teams will be looking to get rid of long-term contracts for a shot at the 2010 FA class. I'm sure some team will trade for T-back.

Of course, the best possible move for this off season would be to sign Kobe Bryant, but that is as likely as taking Reggie Miller away from the Pacers.

3. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

I agree with DD on bibby, but def not magette

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

ahhh Ben Gordon, NO
    ahhh Jason Kidd, Hell NO

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

with the pacers' financial troubles, i wonder if we can take dunleavy, jr. off their hands....maybe for a package including brooks + expiring filler (cook/barry/dorsey)...

otherwise, i wouldn't mind a S&T of artest for caron...

6. landryfan14

landryfan14 Member

I think Kevin Martin would be a crucial add-on to our team.

Keep Landry lol.

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

KMart or Bibby.

Getting TMac back won't hurt either.

8. monster

monster Member

Players I would have random interest in, but I dont' know how some would fit, or if some are even attainable.

Ben Gordon
    Danny Granger
    Richard Hamilton
    Vince Carter
    Kevin Martin
    Andre Miller
    Jason Richardson
    Gerald Wallace
    Mo Williams

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

playoff time. none of those guys can help us now.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you just say Kevin Martin was a clutch player?

Come on MAAAAYYAAANNN!

11. RedRox29

RedRox29 Member

i think the best option is going after andre miller who will be an unrestricted FA this summer.
    He is a proven veteran point guard and will not distract the offense of this team,
    he also plays very good defense. And maybe trade brooks and filler for someone like dalembert,
    who can be a nice back up for yao, assuming deke retires. and if artest proves something in the playoffs this year, then maybe resign him for as low as possible.
    Oh and we should keep lowry :)

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't even see why people are listing Mo Williams. You think Cleveland is going to let him go?

13. Pringles

Pringles Member

No need for a point guard right now.

We have young talent; let us learn from our mistakes with the Barkley trade.

I wish we could have gotten John Salmons + Brad Miller. John Salmons is very very underrated.

Though, Ben Gordan will also be nice. That dude is clutch. More clutch than Ron and Yao combined. We could potentially do a sign and trade. We resign Ron; Bulls resign Gordan to a similar contract.

I wonder how high Tracy's contract's value is. It has to be tempting for teams like the Knicks (who have no one I want, besides Lee), Nets (no one I want...), and several others. Maybe we could get several lottery draft picks?

14. bjshot

bjshot Member

no low BB IQ player. I think Rockets will go for Nash again. It'll be a long shot but cery possible because nash is old, suns' in finance trouble and they may in rebuild mode.

15. HTR99

HTR99 Member

Are you guys serious? This season is yet to be over and we're talking about guys who can't help us NOW. This thread would have been better suited for the offseason or before the trade deadline but not during the 2 day break between the regular season and playoffs. Are any of these guys a scoring threat for us NOW to overcome fronting? Are any of these guys not going to allow late collapses NOW?

16. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Danny Granger and Richard Hamilton are the only guys, I'd really say run don't walk to get if possible. Hamilton for his skills, experience and hopefully leadership, while Granger is a possible star in the making.

Maybe Micheal Redd but given his health and age, I'd not be willing to break the bank trying to pull him.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I would only take Bibby if he came dirt cheap. And I mean REALLY dirt cheap. Take it from somebody that's probably seen enough Hawks games to drive somebody insane: he's a complete statue on both ends of the floor. He has about three spots he doesn't move from, chucks three's, never gets to the line and is basically a glorified Brent Barry at this stage in his career. A smart, experienced player that's nearly automatic if you leave him open and doesn't make stupid mistakes but that's about the extent of his offensive contributions. Yeah, he averages 15 PPG because he plays 35 MPG and has the 'green light' to bomb away but don't get carried away here.

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

shane battier + aaron brooks

for caron butler + nick young

was drafts james harden with their lottery pick

win-win

was: not enough touches to go around so shane will be there ultimate glue guy

hou: not enough offense other than yao. and nick young is one of my fav kids on da block

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We cannot trade Ron Artest unless it is a SnT.

I would actually like to see Morey get some cap space for once. Let T-Mac's contract expire without acquiring another albatross like Baron Davis or Arenas. The only players I would consider are the cheap young ones, if teams like Phoenix with Amare get really desperate. Or Indiana with Granger.

Sorry to burst your bubble people but there isn't a PG available out there that would be better than Lowry next year. Paul, Deron, and Parker are all 100% untouchable, and teams have no reason to trade guys like Billups, Devin Harris, Calderon, or Rose.

One guy that is possible is Hinrich, who would be an expiring contract next year but if that is all we can get for T-Mac (while taking on some other salary of course) then perhaps it might be worth it.

20. worzel gummidge

Couldn't you have waited until the end of the season for the Rockets whenever that'll be? You've been a real Debbie Downer with the threads you've started lately.