1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Postseason Scheduling

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Hustle Town, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not sure about that, but they’ve had serious gate issues all year with the increased crowds and giveaways.

Reid said it’s a huge priority to add more entrances to the ballpark in upcoming years.

desihooper likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Also, the Cleveland market brings down the Astros just as much as the NY or Chicago market elevated theirs.

Oakland being in prime time will be TBS’ worst nightmare.

3. Buck Turgidson

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Local RSN ratings aren’t really all that accurate or pertinent... and it basically says there’s not much to do during the season at night in Cleveland.

Now, if they’re beating the bigger cities in playoff game ratings (with more total households, not just market share), that’s a different story.

Also, even though they outrated Boston... they still trailed the total viewers by more than 60,000 households because Cleveland is that much smaller. New York market 2 points lower in the ratings, but still 200,000 more people watching/night.

#24 Nick, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  5. Buck Turgidson

Sure, and I admittedly do not follow/care about this, but I think what I was saying is that Cleveland is not the ratings travesty that Oakland is. Go Rockies.

6. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't happen soon enough. Entering MMP was worse for a mid-season game this year than the playoffs (and World Series) last year....

7. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Gawd dammit I’ll be at work ! Why even have a 1 pm game during the playoffs? You never see that in basketball on a weekday

Houstunna and HTown2017Champs like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You've never seen them NOT have a day mid-week playoff game in baseball.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Baseball has always been a league that plays weekday afternoon regular season and playoff games. The only weekday afternoon NBA games are on MLK day.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

EDIT...got my info wrong. Thought ESPN had the NL games. Only the Wild Card tonight. Though, it still sucks for those that watch since they are the ones that have to suffer 9 more innings of Chris Berman.

Even better, imagine the panic that will ensue inside the MLB offices when it's a Houston vs Milwaukee World Series.

#30 leroy, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

ESPN has last nights game. And it wasn’t Berman since he retired 2 years ago.

TBS has tonight’s game.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm watching Dan Patrick and I swear they just said Berman and Sutcliff were calling tonight's game. Guess I heard that wrong.

I didn't hear it wrong...just wrong channel. They are calling tomorrow's Dodgers/Braves game on MLB Network

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Maybe on the radio?

All the AL games are on TBS.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

They don't want games overlapping, but I feel you.

I'll likely be working too, so it's my turn to *****. F*** that bullsh1t schedule. Champs should be 4pm at the earliest.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The rest of the game times have come out.

So ridiculous. A potential game five at 3 o'clock in the afternoon?

The NBA can fit 8 different first round series into evening games, but the MLB can't do the same with 4? I get they are trying not to overlap, but it's just a slap in the face to local fans who can't attend/watch during the day.

G3 Mon 12:30 PM
    G4 Tues 3:30 PM
    G5 Thurs 3:07 PM

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

this really shouldn't be a shock to anyone. They had the same exact schedule for the ALDS a year ago. An NBA game lasts about 2.5 hrs. these postseason mlb games can last about 4 hrs or more

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I honestly don’t care about the scheduling anymore. All I care about are trophies, rings and I don’t care what time we get them.

#37 mikol13, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Torn n Frayed and YOLO like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

What is this blue and white and whatever stuff...errrreybody should wear orange.

19. Major

Major Member

NBA playoffs also go on for nearly 2 months because they spread the games out so much. I much prefer the MLB system.

20. Projecks15

Projecks15 Member

Same. Baseball can go back to back. Basketball one or two day break in between