1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post your network's political Facebook "status" messages

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ClutchCityReturns, Nov 6, 2008.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

If you're not familiar with Facebook, the title of this thread is probably confusing. Basically, a Facebook status message is something that shows what you're doing, or what you're thinking. For example, I could change mine to "Kurt is surfing Clutchfans". Anyone who has been on Facebook since the election heated up (and especially after it was decided) you've noticed that many people are making political statements using the status messages.

I figured I'd post some that I've seen. Feel free to share your own. (If you didn't know, you can select "Status Updates" on the home page and it'll list all of them, and you can click "Show More" at the bottom of the page)

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's way too late for this, all of my friends have changed their status away from election banter by now.

3. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

lol, I had a bunch of em, and not only statuses, but also events and groups (I'm in the A&M network, so that explains it :) ):

I had so much fun with those people, I commented on every single one of those statuses.. then I realized how sad it is.. The division that this McCain campaign has created in unprecedented, and it's really scary that these people are fulled with anger and hatred.. my friend at Baylor is worried about her personal safety (she saw 3 nooses near her dorm and a bunch of burnt OBama pictures).. it's unbelievable. McCarthyism all over again..

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do all my online socializing on Clutchfans!

5. rawool

rawool Member

Just a few, I got tired, heh.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What the hell does that even mean?? :confused:

7. ClutchCityReturns

Hmm...I don't have a huge number of friends on Facebook, but mine goes all the way back to election day when I click on "Show More Posts".

8. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Y'all have some dumb friends.

;)

9. rawool

rawool Member

I deleted about three of them.

10. ClutchCityReturns

Yeah, none of those comments are from people I actually speak to anyway. Just about all of my close friends got it right :p

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I'd have to click through a few pages of garbage.. that's a lot of work :(

I only have 2 or 3 really troglodyte mouth breather conservative type friends.. so I went and checked their pages.. and wouldn't you know it, they had deleted all their "the world is doomed, america is stoopid, etc" posts... probably woke up the next morning and realized how dumb they looked.

12. ClutchCityReturns

I see, and LOL @ "troglodyte mouth breather" :)

Here's one I just stumbled upon...I was wowed in a bad way.

That's from a guy that I used to work. He's one of those overly positive and enthusiastic people. The kind that make you want to punch them in the face and push them into a pile of dog***** just so they'll shut up about how wonderful everything is. But I never knew he would refer to Obama as "the forces of darkness" :eek:

13. Landlord Landry

what do you expect from facebook?

14. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

...thinks it's sad how far this country has strayed from God. Pray and don't get too cast down!

...well McCain lost..what a SHAME..but it's in God's plan and we cannot get too cast down.

Whoops. Missed that chick. ^^^ *delete*

(I deleted anyone who had racist, hateful, or GodisaRepublicanwoeisme remarks in their "statuses"...about 20 people. I didn't like any of 'em anyways).

15. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

So the only stupid status updates have been from McCain supporters? We're also deleting people for expressing a political thought different from your own?

If I did that after 2004, I'd have no friends left on the internets.

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Actually, yes. Maybe I'm not friends with a lot of Democrats, but there's either been silence or "Go Barack!" Nothing hateful or inflammatory...no shens.

Also I've only deleted people with racist remarks or people who think the Republicans are God's chosen people and Obama is the anti-Christ and Sarah Palin is a prophet. There's just no room for that kind of nuttery.

I went to Baylor. Believe me, I would've deleted 100+ people if I was deleting people for comments like, "___ wants everyone to get out the vote today! McCain/Palin" or "Personal Responsibility matters, vote Republican!" That's not attacking an individual spitefully.

17. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I didn't mean just you there was another poster who hinted at deleting some people for status updates. I've seen a few sore winner posts from Obama voters but not a lot, of course.

The thing is, we have to realize that the idiots who generally post the type of trash you're talking about in victory or defeat are the people who have no clue what they're talking about and only pay attention about a couple weeks before election time and then choose a candidate and thing the election is like a sports game.

18. insane man

insane man Member

damn you people's facebook friends are conservative as hell.

i had a few vote mccain but no post-election hate.

19. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

haha i got invited to the texas should secede group too

Funny thing is that every cool part of Texas (Austin, san antonio, Htown, even Dallas) voted for Obama.

If the panhandle wants to secede, I say we let them.

20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

ok so I found a few....