1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Your Election Predictions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NMS is the Best, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Is this the Nov 11th article? They also have a President Trump edition. They can't be wrong.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Clinton with over 300 electoral votes, and a 50/50 split of the Senate, with Kaine the tiebreaker.

I know conservatives have trouble dealing with ambiguity, but statisticians give probabilities, not predictions.

No Worries likes this.
  3. Cranberry_Juice

I haven't seen a leaked version of the Trump one.

4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It will be VERY interesting to see what Trump does if he loses. I actually think he might handle it well, which would be an ironic twist...although I do think he would set himself up for continued crusades against the establishment.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The odds of a Clinton landslide are higher than the odds of Trump simply winning.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that's what the polls say. It would take a massive turnout by voters who have only shown to be motivated by voting for Obama in the past for Hillary to win in a landslide.

The current realclearpolitics model with the active leader winning all toss up states has Clinton on top of Trump by 6 electoral votes. All it would take for a Trump win would be slightly less than expected turnout while a Clinton landslide victory would take numbers not seen since the first Obama election where millions who almost never vote went to the polls.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think we'll know how the election is going to go fairly early in the night. If states like New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Florida go to Trump then it's probably all over for Hillary and she might want to consider getting a really good lawyer because her political protection will be gone.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If Trump wins, we will be stuck doing recounts for the next week.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If Trump wins tomorrow...things will go nuclear here on this sub-forum. If Hillary wins, we may just have a nuclear worldwar with Russia within the next year.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Put your money where your mouth is my man. $50 Tipjar bet thread. Let's go.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yes, that's what will happen if Hillary wins. Of course if Trump wins, he will nuke all of great Britain and Italy. There is just as much evidence to support that as there is for the nuclear war with Russia if Hillary wins

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

South Parks episode Wednesday is called "the very first gentleman".

Elections over. They know

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Put me down for this as well.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

50/50 split of the Senate is pretty far out there. It's looking like best case scenario for Democrats is gaining 3 seats and cutting the Republican majority to 51/49. I mean, if we're just doing a wishful thinking kind of thing, that's fine, but it's not grounded in much reality

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

538 is showing a toss-up (+4 D) for Senate.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good for them, the RCP poll averages show that +3 is much more likely. Of the 8 "toss ups"

Rubio (R) is safe
    Richard Burr (R) has a large enough consistent lead to where I think he's pretty much safe
    Kelly Ayotte (R) probably pulls it off
    Roy Blunt (R) should be fairly safe
    Russ Feingold (D) looks like he'll pull it off, but his numbers have tanked recently.
    Todd Young (R) has surprisingly taken the lead in recent polls
    Katie McGinty (D) should win pretty easily

Catherine Cortez Masto (D) and Joe Heck (R) are absolutely neck and neck in Nevada.

If Nevada goes to the Democrats, that's only +3

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Pennsylvania's the keystone state (see what I did there?). Trump has to win it to have a chance.

He won't.

Dem ground game will run circles around Repubs tomorrow and will likely add a percentage point or two to Clinton's totals, maybe more in battleground states where her organization is strong and has been entrenched since the primaries. Conservatively, I think Clinton wins in the 310-330 range and the Senate goes to Dems via the VP. If she gets above 350, the House likely flips.

By the way, I started a similar thread weeks ago.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Should I trust 538 or the very good (or dare I say great) brain of Bobbythegreat? A real puzzler.

20. NMS is the Best

I see Catherine Cortez Masto riding Clinton's coattails in Nevada to victory. Katie McGinty and Russ Feingold are going to win imo also. Tammy Duckworth is a lock. And I think Democrats will win one of NC, NH, MO, or IN. It might be somewhat hopeful thinking of me but its a very strong possibility. Right now 538 showing it 50/50 for Democratic takeover of the Senate.