1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Something About You That Others Would Never Guess About You

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The thread title is not the best in the world but after seeing the thread by macalu on "post something that everyone should know" and the recent thread by WildSweet&Cool on things you have never done, I thought this thread would be interesting. What are some things or hobbies or anything else that you like to do that other people would find unusual?

For me, it is an interest in Romantic poetry, especially poetry by Keats, Shelley, Byron, Wordsworth, and Coleridge. I got my BS in math 12 years ago, but I have thought several times about wanting to take literature/poetry classes. Granted, I would not have much of a future in the job world with a lit degree but I love reading poetry and reading the analysis of individual poems.

I also own all 3 albums by Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson. :eek: :cool:

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I am ABSOLUTLY OBSESSED with the Enron scandal.

• I’m in the middle of reading my 4th book on it.
    • I own the Smartest Guys in the Room DVD and watch it all the time.
    • I played a gig at the Hyatt a few weeks ago and walked down the street to look in the windows at 1400 Smith. I was AWESTRUCK.
    • A while back, I met a guy who used to work there, and when he told me, I started acting like a teenager at a Hanna Montana concert. “What?!?!? You worked at Enron??? What was it like???”
    • When I ride the bus down Allen Parkway on the way home from work every day, I just stare at the 2 buildings in the Houston skyline.

Really weird.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i've seen it a few times, but mostly for the VP milf. :D

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I watch a ton of football on television, I go to probably 75 other live sporting events per year, but have never watched an entire football game live at any level. I've been to two high school and one college football games and was bored stiff and left.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Kids movies (Disney) make me tear up. Every time.

6. macalu

I didn't lose "it" till i was 23.

7. Roll-Wit-Da-Mac

Poor thing :(

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Welcome back, Manny.

9. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I am NOT a video gamer. Am I the ONLY one on this board? :(

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I watch What Not to Wear and read the fashion pages of US Weekly.

I am not gay.

11. been_exed

been_exed Member

im obsessed with iron chef and americas next top chef, i usually end up trying to make th things they made in the show. too bad i make too much and end up not finishin all of it.

12. lpbman

lpbman Member

I don't talk much in person, so most everyone assumes I'm stupid.

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

14. playlife

playlife Member

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hey, that's a good one.

My personality in person is -completely- different than how I post on forums.

16. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Hmmm... hard to think what people around here would "never guess" about me. But I suppose I can take a few shots:

1. (A lot of people already know this, but what the hell): I have an identical twin brother, who is a diehard Jazz fan, who occasionally posted under this account years ago because there weren't any good Jazz forums. He generally only posted on three things: how Stockton was a great player, how the WNBA is awesome, and reasons why Jordan isn't the greatest ever. I never minded, since I agree with all those views. He hasn't posted here in years and years, though... he's now over on Jazzfanz under the handle "AtheistPreacher."

2. I really love philosophy. It's a minor obsession. The arbitrariness of meaning and the existence (or non-existence) of free will are two of my very favorite topics of discussion in the whole world.

3. I have been so busy for so many years that I got used to only sleeping 5 hours per night. I feel like crap if I "oversleep" and get as much as 7 hours. The only remedy is getting even less sleep the following night. I guess people really can adapt to anything.

17. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I am 37 years old...never been married...do community theater, love my cats, love musicals..yet somehow still am straight.

18. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I don't like to go out with big groups of people, too much drama and stress.. I also have never liked the "party scene"..

19. macalu

is there anything worse than eating out with people who don't cough up enough money for their own meals and drinks?

i swear, there's always that douche who's meal is 14.99, orders a coke, and when it comes down to pay, he plops down 15 bucks. and does it with a straight face.

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I am Bill Brasky