1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

post-practice battles among Durant, George and James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ccjj, Aug 1, 2014.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

What this video proves is that good NBA players are impossible to stop one on one. This is why Rudy T created the clear one side of the floor and let your best player go one on one was genius although ugly.

2. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Please stop right there. Let's not get our hopes up for another pipe dream and strikeout

3. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Durant is Durant.

But Harden was playing exceptionally well. Really made my day.
    Kill 'em oooooooo terio

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Trade who? the rockets do not have the players for trading Durant. Are you implying Howard or just use your role players for a superstar?

5. J Hard

J Hard Member

I know it sucks to have your username now lol.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thought this thread would be about them doing rap battles, disappointed.

1 person likes this.
  7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

love it. This is the kind of thing that the original dream team referenced as helping them take their games to the next level.

I'm curious as to why it's just this three involved, but love that Paul George is in and Harden is having to work against a stud defensive player

8. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Two of the three guys won't be on the 2014-2015 team and the third is probably gone too. Spoiler for former Rocket video around 30 second mark.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KvLo7pyWoHE?list=UU5e_P_-3tY1nDPhXoSX-jGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. TheJet

TheJet Member

Exactly what I was thinking. That first Dream Team was special because something like that had never happened. All Star games are exhibitions. Those USA vs. the world games were for real. MJ, Bird, Magic all spoke about really wanting to see how other super stars behaved in practice and approached the games. It was a huge growth experience for all the players.

This speaks to these guys having that competitive fire. That desire to challenge and be challenged by the best. I've questioned Harden's desire and passion myself, but to me this at least partially answers those questions. The guy seems to want it.

As for Harden doing this sort of thing with Rockets players, I don't think we have anyone that stands a chance. Maybe Beverley on defense, but Harden still takes advantage with size and strength.

10. J Hard

J Hard Member

Harden cant be touched if he puts it all together and has the drive play hard on both ends of the court.

11. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

This a positive thread, but of course you have sissies in here with their bullsh!t. Grown men with low testosterone need to get that fixed. Harden is FIRST TEAM all NBA guard and gets hate all day for his defense like it wasn't his OFFENSE that carried us all season to 54 wins. It was Harden that carried us. We you spend most of your time on an internet message board bashing a player consistently no matter the subject matter; you're a sissy with low T issues.....Point Blank. Get a hobby that includes penetrating a vagina or push ups....something. Damn

12. zyt

zyt Member

nah casual play is casual

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Don't worry about the small potatoes. It is Morey's job and we are still a ways to go before things happen.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rookie reporter was mistaken, that wasn't Paul George, it was assistant coach, Monty Williams. Harden's defense was so bad it just looked like he was guarding George.

15. bmd

bmd Member

Well, we only saw a little bit. I'm sure they cut out a lot of the misses.

16. nepopop

nepopop Member

i don't know if I would call that "amazing" as the title of the video but was def a good sighting. More interested in the game tonight.

17. anonmau5

anonmau5 Member

Where's Chandler Starsons in all of this?

18. dragician

dragician Member

The Verdict

Durant > Harden > George^2.

19. Indaface

Indaface Member

After 2012 Olympics Harden took his game up from 6th man stud to all-star player. Don't discount the experience in London has in helping to improve his game.

Now in the 2014 World Cup hopefully he is able to take his game from all-star to superstar. Playing around some of the best players (and having to be a leader among them) is something that hopefully he is able to bring next year to the team.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As long as Durant's wingspan is like 22 feet, I don't think it will matter.