1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 89, Celtics 85

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2009.

1. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Hayes played good defense on KG, but I have to agree that TMac has the cause of a lot of defensive discord. The guy just doesn't play hard and that's what is required to play good defense.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Agreed, but the point I was making was about team defense and rotating to cover for your teamates.

Tmac does not do that, or at least not in the Philly game I logged.

DD

3. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I would start

Brooks/Von/Artest/Landry/Yao

if Landry struggles on the D end, replace him with Hayes immediately, this is the future of the Rockets, they should play together to develop chemistry.

This first unit will set the tune, and our 'senior' second unit should follow the intensity:

second unit
    Alston/TMac/Battier/Scola/Deke (best second unit of the league)

4. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

You're absolutely right (as usual). Good rotation typically means the opponent doesn't get dunks and layups. They may still get good outside looks (you can't take away everything), but with TMac, his lack of rotation often means we get burnt for layups and dunks or wide open outside looks instead of contested ones.

5. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Our second unit would be terrible. You have three non-scorers in that lineup (Airballston, TSlack and Deke).

6. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

Do you realize that unit was the starting 5 of the last year after Yao was down?

7. rockets_fanatic

I have been saying that since the end of November.

As far as our rotation guys, Artest fits better with teh second unit than T-Mac. Artest can score points in the post when yao is out of the game. When he is healthy he will be able to get too the line regularly and draw double teams. That is why T-Mac is the best option to start.

Now, as far as our Power Forward situation goes, Scola should start, however, from that point onwards we should make substitutions based on what the team needs. If we need the defensive of Hayes put him in, if we need some energy from landry put him in, if Scola is causing turnovers and is hitting his jump shots leave him in.

I agre with the comments regarding T-Mac going away untill he is ready. I would get him in a room and tell him to come back when he is confident in his knee and is ready to play accountable, team Basketball.

8. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

They key, to me, and maybe the key to the future, is that Brooks was in at the end of the game and played most (all) the fourth quarter. He is a dynamic force on offense whether it be at PG or SG, and he can create his own shot. What he gives up on D can be help-defended, but he can make up for it on the offensive end +. Hopefully Adelman remembers this decision and the results: Brooks given starter-time equals a W.

9. DaDakota

If you sit McGrady, and I think you have to, how he responds dictates what the team does with him.

Does he work hard in rehab, embrace the role of the wounded warrior, or does he sulk around the office and locker room?

If it is the latter, better to cut bait now.....if the former, then the team could be a lot better by the time he is healthy (mentally and/or physically).

But I never...NEVER keep a cancer around....you cut a cancer out...pronto.

DD

10. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I really hate to be this guy but this win only makes the two prior losses all the more infuriating. This game just illustrated how effort on the defensive end made all the difference. Rick please just sit T-Mac until he is ready to play, it is clearly detrimental to the tea to have him on the floor. I'm glad that Brooks is out of his slump, but he also showed that he needs to be getting the majority of the minutes even if he doesn't start. This team is clearly in flux, I really hope that RA finds the right combination regardless of who is injured.

11. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

kudos to Wafer for keeping the confidence to knock that last shot down...he had missed at least 3 shots prior. someone might be getting a raise.....if mcgrady comes back and plays anything close to what he used to be like, Adelman might have a problem coaches die to have...one that we thought he would have had over a year ago....having so many players that are producing that he has to have a 10-11 player rotation, which is not normal for him, or many coaches that are coaching a contending squad.

12. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

drugs are bad. believing everything you read is bad too. almost as bad as drugs.

13. rocketsmetalspd

Cut the cancer "IF" TMac has truly become one he does need to go asap but who can he be dealt for? I believe the Head can be included in the deal.

14. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

cause ONE player made the difference between atlanta shooting 58 percent. oh wait. mcgrady didn't play in that game. okay, so, mcgrady is the reason Philly shot such a high percentage? drugs are bad. not good for the body, and worse for the brain. :)

15. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

also, don't take my comment personally....lol....if you REALLY hate to be this guy, then dont.

16. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

lol @ cancer. a player has...what....FIVE bad games, and now he's the cancer? lol....sure, he should be out there giving his best effort. but i guess maybe that's easier said than done....if he was such a cancer, you think he'd still be playing? after what NY did to marbury? no way.

17. DaDakota

Ignoring the truth of what is being said and written is worse.

DD

18. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZRkXJAnzBWg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZRkXJAnzBWg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. WNBA

WNBA Member

Less Rafer and TMAC = more wins.

20. gutd

gutd Member

yao
    scola
    t-mac
    wafer
    rafer

Defence -5, offence +1, to Philly: Lost

yao
    hayes
    ron
    wafer
    brook

defence +2, offence: +1, to boston: win

yao
    scola
    batman
    t-mac
    rafer

ron, brook, landry, wafer, muto, hayes, head.
    defence +10, offence + 10
    to any team, 24 win....................

lets go rockets