1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 89, Celtics 85

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Rowdy Drummer

Rowdy Drummer Member

LOL, YAO MING PUSHED KG IN THE BACK, I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO GET THE CALL BUT HE DIDN'T... SO IT REMAINS A GREAT PLAY!!! GOOD JOB YAO

2. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

lmao, Yeah, I mean so what, one play didn't change the game. You don't win basketball games on one play, it's a team effort for 48 minutes, I don't know why some of you here don't get that.

3. flaresky

flaresky New Member

finally, he did it once.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not going to de-rail this, but in terms of basketball iq, tracy is way ahead of yao.

5. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Wow, a close but exciting win by the Rockets tonight!

Yao played well; Hayes played reasonably well, and Brooks was fantastic.

Airballston really has to not play. I especially don't understand why Hayes and Airballston were in the game at the same time in the third (when we gave up the lead). Isn't that simply a recipe for disaster?

I thought for sure the Rockets would lose another close one. Yao missed a FT at the end and Rondo made the easy layup and I thought "there we go, we blow another game." But Brooks made a great play to VW and the rest is history.

6. ppzh

ppzh Member

If Yao plays less in the first 3 QT, he will make more big shots in the 4 QT.

7. YAOandMSC

YAOandMSC Member

Indeed!And we finally see our heart!Rockets wake up!

8. gogorocketsno1

What's the point of having a high basketball iq being a loser :rolleyes:

9. aaarcher

aaarcher Member

nice win. boston suck

10. gogorocketsno1

All the haters please say "Thank you Yao daddy" for letting you have a day off.

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Yes, isn't it extremely difficult to jump and catch a basketball? Wow.

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

yao never seems to grab timely rebounds and he finally did it tonight.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You know I'm here and I know you're smart enough to know that I don't care who gets the glory as long as we get the win. What I've always have said is Yao controls how many shots he gets. When Yao is aggressive and decisive, he's very effective. When Yao catches, looks around, dribbles, looks around, it usually results in a to. If he plays with consistent energy, he plays very well, but as I've maintained, when he's not scoring, he hangs his head and has little to no impact on the game. Its not that hard and I'm just glad they won a game.

14. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Maybe "Yao skied for a rebound" would be a better thread title.

Actually what got me fired up was that upfake. The crowd in Boston actually gasped when Big Baby left his feet.

15. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

He looked fearless on the boards, at the end. Worrell is right tho, Yao keeps getting caught to close under the rim to get boards .

16. imaham259

imaham259 Member

It was good to see the players so supportive of Ron after he fouled out. You could really tell he wanted to be back out there so bad.

17. ppzh

ppzh Member

Agree!!! But JVG, AD dont know this!

18. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

I saw Pierce said in the press conference that we should learn from this game and be ready next time because we might meet them in the playoffs. :D

19. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

What an awesome performance by Yao who was predicted to fold tonight because of a physical center :rolleyes:

Yao ; 10-13, 26 Pts,8 Rebs, 4 Assists, 2blks

Perkins : 0-1 0pts, 3 rebs, 3 asts, 2 blks 5 PF

Brooks showed up, Wafer with the dagger, Artest with his defensive energy, Hayes being physical with garnett.

I would not want to be next to Garnett tonight, dude must be throwing things and going crazy.

20. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

Good to see the Rockets getting back on their feet. Could this be the spark the team needs?