1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 89, Celtics 85

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2009.

1. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I noticed Yao tried several pump fakes successfully. He should do this more often, the refs have to call it, and it actually needs less efforts from yao.

2. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

It's feel like a cup of cool fresh water after a long day walk in the desert.. this cup make us survive and live again

3. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

You should be thanking Yao ! You bias SOB!

4. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

you cant catch on my meaning .

yao should study from t-mac ,should study selfishness ,should select the match , if you still cant catch on my meaning ,i have no idea because english isnt my native language . i have already try my best .

5. jaylee777

jaylee777 Member

He just made himself a lot of money tonight. He's going to get a good contract and a chinese shoe contract.

6. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

The combo of Artest, HAYES, Landry and Scola is a physical presence on defense that the Celtics weren't used to.

TMac and Battier both demand playing time, especially when healthy, but neither is a physical defender. Tonight, we had physical defenders, which, it seems is a good strategy against the Celts.

And I'm surprised no one mentioned AB taking the charge late in the game.
    That was also a big moment.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You know, let's have a little perspective here. Just because the Rockets won without McGrady doesn't mean they need to get rid of him. He's had a bad stretch of games in which his effort has been called into question, but it's not like this has been 20+ games or something like that. He's done this before and come back with a vengeance. I would think after all the wins that McGrady has helped us get, including the 22-game winning streak and 50+ seasons, that we wouldn't be acting as if he's done nothing for the Rockets. Yes, vent. Yes, criticize him. But this whole Trade Mac and "he's worthless" is a little silly.

I have a feeling most on the team, including Mac, will start coming around now and realizing what a great team we have if we just put everything together and stay on the same page. I predict a long winning streak upcoming, and Mac will play a key part in it, you watch.

8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

We move up to 6th seed thanks to Danny Granger :D

9. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Don't underestimate the importance of the presence of Motombo on the bench.

Until someone proves it to me otherwise, I credit Motombo with the Rockets sudden turnaround.

10. bigben008

bigben008 Member

Most people here believe that Yao is an intelligent young man. Not because he is chinese or shanghainese. The points you used to prove your point are just foolish!

11. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

I hope that is coming in the playoffs. With $21 millions sitting out, I dont feel we can make to the second round in the playoffs

12. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

T-mac is full of himself. When Artest made a three, the whole bench got up and clapped while t-mac just sat there--didn't even clap.

13. rocketsallday

rocketsallday Member

T-mac stay yo @ss on the bench and teach Wafer how to pass and hopefulle he'll take yo place ahhhhh haaaaaa set up your own departure

14. Rox-Champion

Rox-Champion Member

hum, a great win. so happy.

15. sando

sando Member

The winning streak starts from Celtics~

16. ibm

ibm Member

leebigez, where are you? c'mon now i know you read every post (like i do ;) ).

yao needs to be established early and often. that's what i said last night. any counter points?

maybe i am just happy right now. finally we beat the cocky celts - in their house! that's definitely a 10 out of 10, in terms of level of joy. preseason, regular, playoffs, it ain't matter. :D the only complaint i had was kg is still not being caught for his frequent traveling.

17. MONON

MONON Member

He probably threatened to use his elbows on them in practice if they didn't shape up! :eek:

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Also notice that the Rockets ran into offensive problems in the third when they didn't get Yao the ball.

Also notice that Alston was out there running the point at that time.

19. jfidd11

jfidd11 Member

how about the fact that aaron brooks actually scored tonight

20. pipesir

pipesir Member

Yao made a key jump and catched a key ball tonight.

Yao made a key jump and catched a key ball tonight.

good job! keep doing this please,please,please.....