1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 116, Mavericks 108

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. erapmicks

erapmicks Member

Can u post a lil clip of it? i want to see

2. kikimama

kikimama Member

Dallas has the worst announcers in my books. I can understand homerism but they don't add much to the game. They have the 3rd wheel that calls one of the other guys "coach" which is really weird to me. He's not coaching now, he's commentating :rolleyes: . The worst part was listing them "boo boo" Dirk's THREE stitches (not even SEVEN stitches Scola got in his freakin' EYE) and how worried they are about the X-Rays. I want to punch a kitten. Then they act like 3 broken teeth is comparable to stitches on your elbow which have few nerve endings.

3. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

dallas such a crappy city

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Chill out.

The refs spent half of the last 7 minutes of the game looking through a video screen.

Weird doesn't mean bad. Great hustle from our guys.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kidd is a jerk.

6. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Up yours, Dallas!

Great win.

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

Mavs fans are complaining about the officiating and blaming the loss on the refs.

Clue #1:

Dont play dirty and shoot your mouth off, and you wouldn't get technicals.

Clue #2:

Once you get 1 technical, try not to get another one for an ejection.

8. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

this was the only team we hadn't yet played well against.
    the mavs crushed us in the previous three games, although we played well in stretches.

now i'm officially on board with the rockets serious playoff run
    not to jump the gun or anything, but honestly, there is no one in the west that we can't beat. go rox.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I must recall my sentiments from the beginning of the season- they have not changed one bit:

I hate the Mavericks. Their city stinks, their uniforms are ugly, they play like a bunch of girls, Jason Terry is a major pu**y, Dirk has horrible taste in women, Josh Howard is an unpatriotic sonafobiaotch, Jose Juan Barea makes me want to punch his stupid face every time he gets hot and fools people into thinking he's an All-Star, Erick Dampier is the best center in his own private circle-jerk club, their fans are stupid, their scoreboard hurts my eyes, they're major choke artists, I hate their arena, Mark Cuban is a horrible talent evaluator, Donnie Nelson is a hand-me-down GM, Rick Carlisle is (well, I actually like him, he gets a pass), and they have the worst team name in professional sports. I hope they lose every game they play and Mark Cuban sells the team to an even more meddlesome owner than himself (Jerry Jones?). There, I said it.

2 people like this.
  10. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

I agree, we have what it takes to run with the West big boys, we just have to work extra hard!

We still have to see how we do against the Magic and Celtics. We own the Cavs.

11. lastreg

lastreg Member

on yahoo.com, it said Carl "breaking several teeth"? Poor carl, but it seems his teeth are very loose. :(

12. sergio

sergio Member

Jason kid is a wife beater, looser in my book.

13. ibm

ibm Member

hmm what? i mean how's kidd's foul on andersen not a flagrant? how aaron's on erica was?

14. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Morons were demoralized. They thought that they would break up early, yet they trailed most of the night. So you saw Kidd's elbow, Terry's more than necessary contact when committing personal fouls, all those technicals. I was loving it. I hate Mavs, more than any other teams.
    Someone tell Aaron to stop driving and shoot the pop ups. Almost every drive of him led to turnovers. His shots down the stretch was money.
    Lowry played both ends at an amazing level this game. His defense, with the help from teammates, against Berea and Terry was superb.
    Too bad Landry was hurt, get well soon, Karl!

Man, for a moment, I wished the rockets still have Ron Ron, or Bob Sura...

15. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Yeah you know these Refs were actually calling the game fair. If we had this crew in Denver the other night it would have been close and the Rockets maybe win that one too.

Great job by the whole team esp our PGs. I have to vote best win of the year even better than Utah and Lakers getting punked at home. Anytime Cuban screams and yells like a girl it's wonderful!!!!. :grin:

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Personally I think he's a tighter

1 person likes this.
  17. Entropy

Entropy Member

I didn't like that stretch of nothing either. But against a team we haven't had much success with, our best bench player out (their best starter out too), no-calls like Kidd's shoulder, the mav's general thuggish play, and our guys hustle, I thought "weird game" was kind of a half-hearted response to our guy's effort. But its cool.

18. djimi

djimi Member

Thanks for the info, really wish i could watch this game live.....so sad Rockets hardly get any coverage but im glad they're showing the critics what they are really made off.

19. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

I thought Kidd's wife beat him?

20. opticon

opticon Member

Clutch will probably put up some video later. I like the strategy the rockets are using to show case tmac. Its like a good movie trailer you cant tell if the movie is great but you can tell it sucks either because it is such a small sample size. :p