1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 112, Mavericks 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

"We like our team"

:)

Great win.

2. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Yao was great.

Ron was great.

T-Mac not so much....then again we don't need him to be the t-mac of old .... though honestly we would need him for teams like the Lakers/Hornets/Celtics....though he just has to play like he did last year....though in my book this guy is getting worse each year(breaking down)

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I love AB but sometimes when he slashes so fast to the lane the defenders just rush to the bucket cause they know he will get himself trapped under there, it happened a couple times. AB will have to learn to pull up when that happens.

4. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I remember when almost every time the Rockets would play the Mavs from 2000 on, the Rockets would play them real close and then either fall apart or the Mavs would just go to the next level in the 4th. Now, it's close and the Rockets pull away in crunch time. It's only one game, but I think it's safe to say we can expect to see more of this trend vs. the Mavericks. It's our time. HOW SWEET IT IS!

By the way, I was unable to see the game but instead had to follow it through the board and on ESPN gamecast. Is T-Mac hurt?

5. Crescendolls

Crescendolls Member

big win! we've seen a hard fourth! rock me baby :D

6. King901

King901 Member

Can you say YES YES ARTEST!!!!!

7. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Hey, we hit 29 from 31 FTs !!!!!

8. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

Great example of why we kept hayes. Dirk had one point in the 4th. Chuckwagon shut him down very well. I like how Artest punked dirk into that 17 ft fade away, he just man-handled him. Rockets closed out strong, which was good.

9. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

josh howards a punk. always has been. long live bobby sura!

10. duel128ttvusa

duel128ttvusa Member

Just remember the Mavs signed Greene in the off season, how come they didn't play him tonite?

Anyway, it was a good game. Bad D but great O!!! We owned the Mavs with Tmac chilling on the bench!

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

12. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

How about a huge round of applause for Chuck Hayes for holding Dirk for 1 point the entire 4th quarter (on a technical)!

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

great game. Get ready for people who will be jumping on the band wagon soon. Go rockets!!!!

14. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

Tracy had a stretch in the third where he was a difference maker but he kind of faded out of the flow of things after that. That's when Ron Ron, Brooks, Landry and Yao took over.

Props to Hayes as well for his defense. He really helped make Dallas a primarily jump shooting team in the last eight minutes.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

aaron brooks FTW

and Ron celebrating after the nail in the coffin three brought back memories of Sura's 3 in dallas from a few years back in the playoffs

brooks was huge tonight

biggest thing?

rockets down by 1 heading into the fourth..mcgrady doesnt play at all in the fourth and the rockets win going away?

that never happens didnt we have an abysmal record winning games when we were down going into the fourth?

16. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Tmac isn't hurt, just didn't need him because we were up 10 with 2 minutes to go.

I agree with you on the 4th quarter thing. Last season if we were behind going into the 4th we had a bad record, and vice versa if we were ahead at the end of the 3rd. The fact that we can come from behind, not lose composure in a close game, and close it out. Thats twice we've been behind at some point in the 4th, yet we would be 8 points ahead with a minute to go.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A very good victory, and I hope we make it far this year. I don't think Dallas is the team they once were, and they will not be as good as the Rockets.

Artest showing why he is TRU.

18. Water Boy

Water Boy Member

I do love how Artest came to the defense of Yao.

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

it feels so good watching the rox beat those anal leaks, just beautiful

20. BleedsRocketRed

Ron Artest is the ****ing truth!!