1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 108, Blazers 81

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

That's an interesting run-down. However, you may want to put some dates on those and consider the games following blowouts AFTER we lost Tracy McGrady permanently. The outlook might be a bit more positive.

2. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I don't know if you can use our regular season as any basis for statistics, considering the random injuries and the inconsistancy of play in the middle of the season. Also, due to the fact that its a 7 game series with Portland vs random games vs different teams... thats going to skew the results.

I think the generalization that after a blowout, usually a team has a tendency to get cocky, and after a blowout loss you generally become more focused... I can agree with that. So we can't just assume we are going to win this game. However, we are playing the same team we just beat by 27 2 nights ago. You have to feel good about the Rockets chances to win Tuesday.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I totally agree, and I think the point I was trying to make really is a general one. It's not necessarily to say we'll lose...just that there has been a trend this year (without digging too deep into the numbers). Just glancing at it, the difference isn't as bad toward the end of the season...although the trend still remains, and one thing is for sure: we didn't blow teams out in back to back games at any point in the season.

Then again, one could argue that none of this means a thing considering the playoffs are a new season. For example, we hadn't blown out a single playoff team on the road all year until Saturday night.

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Good thing we dont play the Bucks or Grizzlies tomorrow night.