1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 107, Bulls 100

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Tracy made it into SportsCenter Top Plays (#2 to be exact) for the first time in... Forever! Congrats T-Mac!

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm glad Adelman is chopping Rafer minutes in half. Like I've stated, he's a 25 game guy. He shoots well for 25 games and everyone thinks he's ok and create appreciation threads, but he has to shoot that hot to keep his fg % from going below 35%. He is what he is and that's what he is. A 35% fg shooter.

3. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

For a guy that shoots 11 or 12 times a game, 35% is unacceptable. Those shots have to go to someone else.

4. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Good game. Go Rockets!

Tmac to the rack youre about to get posterized.....

5. ibm

ibm Member

this team is making progress - with a full squad - and i am happy. still a little bit rough here and there, but i see real progress tonight.

i like the quoted from both mcgrady and yao.

"That (was) a confidence booster, ego, just being out there attacking the basket, knowing I can jump again and not feel any pain," McGrady said. "I was waiting on a moment like that, honestly, because I was just so timid going to the basket and trying to dunk the ball. I feel good and I know I can do it again."

"They don’t have any guy that really matches up against us inside," Yao said. "They always come with those double teams. They always come with those smalls. I just work on my game. I have the confidence. It’s very simple. When I came back into the game, it’s the fourth quarter. We know how important it is. We did this a lot before, early in this game, early in this season. I just want to have the ball deep and draw the defense, the double team and see if I can do something in there or kick it out.

"It’s working. It’s always working."

now tomorrow in memphis is gonna be a test. that place hasn't been kind to us lately.

6. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

Thx for sharing. Wow, that came out quick.

Like RA's demonstration.

7. MacSauce

MacSauce Member

Yeeee nice and ez, props to Yao,Scola and Brooks. Highlight reel goes to T-mac for that dunk on tyrus thomas. LETS KEEP THIS UP!!!

8. ThaBlackKnight

Wow, I hate to say this, but Houston really is full of bandwagon fans. I don't see the Tmac haters on this board tonight, like we've seen in this year, especially the last couple of weeks.

All of a sudden Tmac is somewhat healthy, plays an effective game, and had a nice dunk, and all is forgiven?? No more, Tmac for Deng, or Tmac for Marion or start Wafer over Tmac, or Tmac actually hurts us in the playoffs, or never gotten out of the first round...etc.

Now its all, Great dunk Tmac, or great passing, great shooting, great shot selection. A few more games like this and we might hear MVP chants at the Toyota Center for Tmac.

What loyal fans we have here...criticize a player when he's down and injured, and trying to play through an injury. Very few gave him the credit for playing through the injuries last year or this year. Even if he hurt the team when he was injured this year, thats fine, criticize his shooting, shot selection, or Coach Adelman for staying with him too long.

Thats fine, but to criticize his mentality, accusing him of faking injuries, saying he has no heart, easily believing David Aldridge or some user named "Doc Rocket" or other so called "insiders" that Tmac doesn't care for his teammates or this team is falling apart. That is horrible, as far as loyalty to a team IMO.

With Tmac, its all about health. When he is healthy, he is still a top 5-10 talent in this league. Very few players can do the things he can with a basketball. Of course his game is affected when he's injured, almost everybody is. Last year, people said Dwade was done, but look at him this year. I'm glad people are supporting Tmac and the Rockets again, but all I ask is that, yall criticize him and the Rockets fairly. Stop being bandwagon fans, and realize how many injuries we had and we are still 30-19. That is amazing to be honest.

Sure Tmac had some bad games and didn't move well when he was hurt, but how about looking at some positives...improved free throw shooting, played through different injuries,not trying to do too much by himself, but being a facilitator for the offense.

When he is healthy, by all means, critique him as a superstar. If he isn't playing at a superstar level, then he deserves criticism, but if that is not the case, then don't believe the BS around Tmac and critique him based on that. Just accept the fact that he is under contract with us through next year. Whether we resign him or not, or trade him next year, that is for next season.

This season, we need to show our support for the Rockets to make a serious playoff run, and see what we can do with all of our talent. Be real, loyal fans for once...

Anyways, tonight was a great game by many Rockets. Yao, Tmac, Scola, Brooks, and Landry especially. Still great effort by 2 hurting Rockets in Artest and Battier. Wafer brings energy as usual. If this team can get everybody at relatively healthy forms, then we can definitely make a serious run this year.

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Another solid win by the Rockets. I didn't like the fact that we let the Bulls hang around for so long, but it is still a W.

Yao looked very good tonight. His first foul was just plain stupid. What are you doing, Yao? Some of the other calls were pretty lame .... but that's NBA officiating on Yao ....

TMac looked much, much better. He actually played some D tonight! Hurray. He also didn't hold the ball as much and he drove to the rim. Maybe we will see the old TMac ... only time will tell. He was getting lit up by Deng, but that's probably more of a function of Deng being hot from the outside.

Scola and Landry were very solid. Brooks played very well too.

The one player who really stunk it up was Airballston. When he's on, he's good. On average, he's mediocre. When he stinks it up, he really stinks it up. He is clearly the weakest link.

Battier was intangible as usual. I'm not sure what to make of him this season ....

Best of all, I liked having Brooks and Wafer finish the game for us. One big reason is that they have the speed to stop fast break buckets and that is the one thing that can let a team back in the game.

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

bandwagon fans are the fans who just don't pay attention when the team is bad or average but then go out and buy all the banners etc to put on their cars so it looks like they always were in love with the team when the team looks like its is going to win a championship.

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

It's not just Airballston's shots ... it is his decision making. He's was very bad tonight ... very very bad.

12. cassidy

cassidy Member

glad to see T-MAC's back

and.

a nice win.

keep it up rockets men.

13. DaNungaOne

DaNungaOne Member

Did T-mac dunk on someone tonight......thats a first!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Anybody want to comment on Ron's play 2nite. I wasn't able to see the whole game but I can tell he loves to shoot the fadeaway while being challenged, he did pass the ball to the opened guy sometimes ,but sometimes you can tell that he is going to shoot the ball no matter what

15. worzel gummidge

the rockets have owned the baby bulls in the last 6 seasons. only two losses during that time. today they're a borderline lottery yet the rockets still gave them a look back in.

at least t-mac worked on his trade value.

16. w003txz

w003txz Member

I think T-MAC has the unyielding heart. I believe his smile in the face of the failure doesn't represent that he never care about it, on the contrary, which means he will fight back. So today when I saw the T-MAC slum dunk, I know he is back.

17. 99bb

99bb Member

Wow, a win for the price of blood :(

[​IMG]

18. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

It's a good win for this blood..

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

.......Tmac Dunked....what a special night...I can't believe it...he dunked and posterized a dude...what is going on :confused:

He's setting us up for disappointment I tell you, he's bout to go 2-14 from 3 tommorrow watch...i'd love to see him do that too Baby Gasol though.

20. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

yay a winning streak has started ..only 20 more to go guys!