1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 105, Timberwolves 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2009.

1. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Toronto Raptors at home

2. treenewbee

treenewbee New Member

yao was on the floor when rocket run a 13-0 in the third quarter,yao blocked three times and 2 pts--he did a good job on D.

3. wow4yao

wow4yao Member

Basically a must win, 'cause here come the Jazz!

If we lose tomorrow, they can vault over us on wednesday... OUCH!!!!

4. getdwade2010

getdwade2010 Member

good win for the rockets. artest played well, brooks played very good and yao was blocking shots left and right.we need to get some momentum because before you know it..UTAH ON WEDNESDAY!!

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Wow, they won. I went to bad after the 1st half because I was pretty sure we were not gonna win this one.

But it was a good win, a needed one. I am amazed, Artest is just ON FIRE. This guy is making long balls with ease. 10/15, unbelivable.

But he is not the only guy that amazes me. Right now, I am offcially a Kyle Lowry big time FAN. This kid can play, once again 11 points on 5/10 and 3 asists. He is making plays. Good pick up Mr. Morey.

Btw, nice double double for Aaron as well.

6. htownwreckagee

great win on the road. yall notice how hard everyone was playing after giving away the huge lead last night? these guys really wanna win. and they wanna be as perfect as they can.

7. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Good win. That collapse against the Bulls... you will never see that again.

8. redao

redao Member

You will see that again, soon.

9. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

I don't believe you.

10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

not to be a downer. But what makes you think they won't collapse again (esp. in the playoffs) when this team has had a penchant for doing just that in the past and this season?

11. dassig

dassig Member

unfortunately, sir, you are TOTALLY wrong. Our one achilles heal is our ability to just give up massive leads/big time Ws in the fourth quarter...

12. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

We won't have a collapse like that again because we probably won't be up double digits on the road against any playoff team in the 4th quarter.

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Perhaps. I almost like it when the Rockets play it tight with a team (meaning Rockets up by less that 10 going into the 4th) so that they have motivation to build the lead up and keep up the intensity in the last quarter.

However, the Rockets are certainly good enough to build up massive leads against a team on the road in the playoffs. So this is a possibility, but my fear is that they would get too complacent and end up losing in a heartbreaker. what do you think?

14. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The reason the Rockets give up big 4th quarter leads is because they turn their brains off and stop thinking.

When they are sufficiently scared of the other team they don't do that.

That's why most of the collapses occur against crappy teams (with the exception of Portland and the Spurs who the Rockets may just not have been afraid of anyway despite their records)

The Rockets don't perform unless their backs are against the wall.

In the playoffs they're going to be freaked out every game. The collapses won't happen.

15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

You're probably right about that. It's as if the lesser teams pose a bigger challenge for the Rockets than the Elite Teams. I actually have more confidence if the Rockets play the Cavs, Lakers, SA, Jazz or Celtics as opposed to them playing Memphis, Indiana, PHILLY (geez) and Minnesota (glad we won last night..I had my doubts).

16. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

The good thing is that in the playoffs you don't play these teams.

17. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Nobody complimented Landry....Brooks came back well. Artest did the fool out there today

18. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Time to kick some Jazz assets! Out-foul the foulest. Out-Cheat the dirtiest.

Time to set the tone for the playoffs. I saw you Kyle Lowry sneak up next to Szerbiak and Brent and push Wally on his cheating asset. A former Spur and a new guy who both have the brains and the moxey to give an eye for an eye?

No more Mr. Nice Guys? Yao? Are you listening?