1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 105, Knicks 96

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Raiden87

Raiden87 Member

good effort from the team in the second half

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

A quote from a Knicks fan.

"jeffries misses too many layups and ariza still has no NBA moves to get off a legit shot.."

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Knicks aren't bad. Had a good December after struggling in November. They were UNDEFEATED in all year in 2010, too, until last night.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hehe, I was up in the club sets in the last row going nuts. Everyone around me was mostly sitting and just watching the game while I was screaming and losing my head and standing up most of the game.

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

So what's the big deal? Ariza was signed with the MLE (primarily for his defense) and the GM and coach said they would give him the chance to expand his game and see what he could do in a lead scorer role (since we weren't going to contend anyway). This season was all about trying things out with Ariza and Brooks having more of a expanded role. So ok, we are seeing maybe he is not quite ready for that role. Needs to keep working on his game. Now people on this board want to trade him and call him not worth the money. That's ridiculous.

All this is doing is letting Morey see what type of player or players he needs to bring in next year or at the deadline. If he brings in a legit NBA SG, Ariza can go back to being a 2nd or third scoring option. A role that would fit him better right now. I'm sure he will work on his game next year after this experience.

So chill with the trade Ariza talk. He will be good for us.

6. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

I've wondered myself if the trade months weigh on the player's minds sometimes.

It would me, knowing that if I got traded my family would have to uproot from a place they've called home, pack, sell the house, move the kids to new schools in the middle of the school year - not to mention have to work my way in with a bunch of guys that may have worked together for a while and I'd be the new kid on the block...I'd hate that thought.

Then again, it's part of the NBA, so perhaps they're more or less immune to that worry?

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No,because otherwise they wouldn't have been able to comeback from a slow start against the Knicks. The schedule was harder and so were the opponents.
    I think our guys are professional enough to play through despite all the rumors.

8. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

You sir are just totally unbelievable :eek: , just look at ariza's numbers 37.8%FG, 31.2% 3P, are you finding excuses for him like he gets paid less and is being asked to do too much? This is bull****.

In my understanding, if you did not perform, you should take the responsibility, I don't care if you are asked to do too much or what.Ariza has long arms and is good at steals, he is a good shooter when his feet are set, he should know his limitations and play within it. He can try more, but still try to do more does not mean YOU CAN DO ANYTHING EVEN IF IT HURTS THE TEAM

I know you mean the team is trying to ask him to be an all-star, but should you use that as an excuse for his poor performance?

Let me ask you a question, if you were the vice president of a company, and your boss believed in you and let you handle all the business of the company and you screwed it up even if you tried really hard with no bad intention, should you get blamed?

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Even other teams fans are upset when Trevor has to sit down because they can see his suckitude out there, and how it is helping them more than us.

Look, I am not saying he is dead to the team, but he needs to scale back big time, because there are others that are playing better, and he should support them, more than look for his own.

DD™

10. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

They better beat the knicks!!!!

11. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

I just had my 1st post!!!!! :grin:

12. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Welcome aboard!

13. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Nice touch DD adding the Trade Mark.

SS™

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

good thing you were in the last row... if you were somewhere in the middle, old farts/corporate cogs would have told you to sit down cuz they couldnt see and you were blocking their view. Happened to me in the Portland Playoff game

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I would of politely told them to take it upstairs with the usher. I've been told that BS before and I simply told them that if they didn't like it they could go talk to the usher. They can go to the bar or watch the game on TV if they don't like it.

16. daernoth

daernoth Member

The boss should take the blame if he did his best and failed. That is why I blame Adelman for the whole Ariza fiasco.