1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 105, Knicks 96

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2010.

1. choujie

choujie Member

Wow. According to your logic, Kansas is #1 in NCAA. So if Rockets beat Kansas, they should beat #1 team in NBA too.

2. choujie

choujie Member

Since when winning and losing is based on standing instead of actually records?

How about everybody is losing except the best record?

3. Yak

Yak Member

How dare you use logic?

We should run away together, choujie.

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

The only reason we made that run in the 1st quarter was because Adelman subbed in Landry quick. The rockets built a great lead in the 2nd quarter. Ariza and Battier come in the 3rd quarter, and we immediately lose the lead. Ariza also showed poor attitude on the court, and wasn't working well with his team mates.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

Records don't mean jack if you don't make it to the 1st round. Coffee is for closers only.

6. choujie

choujie Member

Why didn't you say Chuck sucked in that game too? Why didn't you say Scola sucked in that game too?

The fact is every starter except Brooks sucked badly on offense, and Brooks sucked badly on defense and TOs.

So don't just pick on Arzia alone.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

But they serve as a logical standing as to who's better than whom. Obviously, it's not perfect, but the Hornets, whom are above .500 are clearly superior to the Knicks, whom are not and playing in the Leastern Conference. I mean, how is this even a point of discussion?

8. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

That is false. The Rockets started to make their run in the first with the starting unit. Landry didn't come into the game until 4:_mins in the game. They were like down 5 pts when he came in. The third quarter Ariza was on the floor when they got within 2 pts and then he got in foul trouble.

Edit: I thought you were talking about the Knicks game but it sounds like you were referring to another game in a Knicks game thread.

9. Entropy

Entropy Member

If I recall correctly, in the Suns Rocketes Gameplay thread I called out Scola, Ariza, and Battier for their ****ty play as well. Its just that Ariza was noticeably crappier than all of them.

10. choujie

choujie Member

You should say 1st round don't mean jack if you don't win championship.

Everybody is losing in regular season by that logic.

BTW, the season isn't even reached half point. There is no telling if NO would be in or out of playoffs yet.

11. choujie

choujie Member

You are biased and have selective memory.

Ariza made several big plays in 3rd quarter, and I failed to see how Ariza was more crappier than Battier and Hayes in that game.

Seems you are just enjoy calling out Ariza even after a solid game and a win.

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

What is false? The suns got up to a huge lead early in the 1st with Battriza. Adelman called for timeout, and subbed in Landry quicker than usual.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

If Ariza plays well, I'm going to praise him. Aria hasn't shown me that he deserves thaty et. A few flashes of potential like a couple of steals isn't going to make me forgive him for his boneheaded plays on the offense end and poor shooting.

14. Yak

Yak Member

I think it simply has to do with the fact that people love grouping up and bashing a scapegoat together. It slowly escalates into a hodge-podge of asshat-ery.

It's like, "wow, that was a tough loss, let's check ClutchFans to see what they're saying."

Guy 1: Man, Ariza had a good game, but kind of faltered at the end. That stab-step followed with a 3 by Ariza killed our momentum.

Guy 2: Yeah, he was playing well until that last shot. He's really been struggling this back-to-back.

Guy 3: Yeah, he hasn't been playing well at all this road trip.

Guy 4: Yeah, he hasn't been playing at all these last 10 games.

Guy 5: Yeah, he hasn't been playing well this season.

Guy 6: Yeah, he hasn't been good his entire career.

Guy 7: Yeah, I agree. Anyone want to get together and murder Trevor Ariza?

Guys 1-6: Hell yeah, that will solve all of our problems!

15. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

See the edit, I thought you were talking about this game.

16. choujie

choujie Member

It's fine with me that you don't like him and not going to praise him.

But please at least be objective, don't just put every blame on Ariza.

The guy is a MLE player, not a MAX player. He is not the main reason that Rockets is not at the top of NBA standing. Replace Ariza with any MLE player Rcokets won't do much better, if not worse.

You have more reasons to blame that 40mil shortage in our starting line-up than blame Ariza alone.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why would anyone want to discuss tonight's game when you could rehash the freakin' Suns game?

(insert "roll-eyes" here)

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

A few quotes from the Suns Game Thread. This was in the 3rd quarter after the bench had given us a lead.

"WTF is Ariza doing? Leaves his man WIDE open."

"Ariza in, Oh MY EYES, MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

"See Ariza, that's why Brooks didn't pass you the ball."

"I hate Ariza......"

"There is hardly anymore movement or slashing... Im tired of Ariza"

"There is hardly anymore movement or slashing... Im tired of Ariza"

"9-2 suns run with battriza."

"Up 16 battier and ariza come in and lead got cut in half. coincident? No, i don't think so."

19. choujie

choujie Member

LOL. Rafer is gone, Tmac is gone. But we need to dump our s**t on somebody anyway.

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

I admit to being biased against Ariza. But if Ariza shows me that he's willing to have a good attitude and be a team player, I'm open to that. You're right that he's an MLE player. It just seems to me that the Rockets get stagnant every time he's in the game. Admittedly, its not his fault alone. But he seems to lag our ball movement when on the court.

I want that to change.