1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 105, Knicks 96

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2010.

1. daernoth

daernoth Member

I mean played great considering he is coming off an injury. As for those poor finishes, he has the ability to adapt and improve upon that facet of his game. The potential is there. He just needs more time and minutes.

If I was Adelman i would be giving him heavy minutes so he can develop faster instead of giving heavy minutes to Ariza who is a known quantity and not getting any better.

2. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Two VERY key offensive rebounds by Shane. Intangibles become tangibes sometimes. And also I was extremely impressed by Lowry tonight. All heart, all win.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Most likely to remain as a good role player. Star,not likely.

4. choujie

choujie Member

He's getting blamed for having a solid game minus fouls.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was relived to see Lowry playing like his usual self. He had played poorly in the last 3 games.

6. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

He not getting blamed.
    We all know that Ariza will have solid game if he play 20 minates a game and dont shoot much.

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

From a Knicks fan during this game.

"Noooooo dont take Ariza out, he was screwing up in our favor ;d"

Pretty bad when fans of the opposing team who don't even follow the rockets can see how bad Ariza is.

8. PeppermintCandy

I think it's more the difference between our first and second units, and the fact that the second unit has Lowry.When your point guard is consistently playing with such energy and unselfishness, it influences everyone out there.

9. choujie

choujie Member

I wouldn't say Lowry played poorly in last three games, just not aggressive enough. Averaging 7 rebounds/6 assists/2TOs in 24 minutes can't be considered poorly for a PG.

10. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

right :rolleyes:

11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Can't agree more, this guy is 20 minute guy, shouldn't play anymore otherwise will become a jackass....

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Rockets had a nice flow with Budinger.

The movement was crisper, the play better...overall....a nice comeback.

DD

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Right what?

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

ever...the guy isn't quick enough to dribble past guys consistently, so he pretty much can only drive selectively, on a fast break or when the D is scrambling. His shooting form doesnt allow him to get it off with someone close to him, so that toohe can only get off at certain times, when he's open. Very few players can become all-stars with those two handicaps, the ones that do have other talents to helpt hem overcome it, like above average height at their position or maybe a very quick trigger. Chase doesnt.

15. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

yeah i agree.. he really makes that second unit run. he gets landry at least 3-4 easy buckets a game. meanwhile, Andersen played pretty well tonight!

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good post. Lowry's style of play is so dynamic. Never quit attitude. He just changes everything when he comes in.

No way Lowry or Landry are involved in any trades.

17. choujie

choujie Member

He is fine even if he plays big minutes. Just don't give him too much ball handling responsibility and it will be OK.

His defense is decent. Shoot open jumpers and slash to the rim on offense.

18. choujie

choujie Member

Budinger made two costly mistake for a couple fast-break baskets by Robinson.

The key was Lowry and Brooks on the court together. They both can pass, Lowry sets up teammates especially Landry better, Brooks has a hot hand.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like AB/Lowry combo too.....if only one of them was 5" taller...either of them....

DD

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

The problem is that he's a poor shooter and can't slash on a consistent basis to save his life.