1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 104, Knicks 89

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2011.

1. gah

gah Member

--
    Continuation from the game thread:
    --
    I know you were just puzzled by the fact.

I think this and the Portland game tell me that Martin's value is neutralized when all the other guys are scoring because he is not an enabler, the other 4 players on the court don't need him to get their offense. When the team struggles to get offense that's when his abilities truly shine.

We could say this about any other scorer but Martin is special because the offense is not ran through him, nor does he attract as much attention or generate opportunities for teammates like a Carmelo Anthony.

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

It really does seem like Hayes got more steals than that. Think I'll try catch some of the replay tonight and see.

I wish they hadn't taken so many threes to begin the game. Especially when Amare went out, Knicks don't have an interior defense. Still, couldn't be any happier with the defense and the win.

3. VBG

VBG Member

@ Clutch, Lowry and Battier were on fire and shot way above their average for most of the game. Plus Kevin Martin still got points in. Its not like he scored 0 points.

That's like asking how can the Lakers beat the Celtics with Kobe going 6-24?

4. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

5. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

kyle lowry with the chair!

6. albuster

albuster Member

As I stated in the pregame thread, when the Rockets defend they win. Great defense by just about everyone, including Martin and Scola tonight. The Chuckwagon was outstanding defensively but the overall team effort on the defensive side was awesome too.

Hill is starting to get it and I am starting to believe in him. His help defense is starting to develop plus his rebounding. I hope he continues to develop along with Bud who is finding his game. There is hope in this team.

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Chuck doesn't get credit for steals when he knocks the ball away and someone else grabs it. That's why it seems like he got more steals than he got credit for.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Amen.

My father didn't believe me when I said that Chuck matches up very well with Amare'

Chuck = man

9. ABforPresident

haha knicks fan = SMH

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I have often made fun of the Rocket's 6'6" center and rightly so, but, give him props, he can play some mean defense. Tonight he was amazing.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wow another great defensive game by Chuck, Love the Chuck Wagon.

12. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Anyone know our record when Scola sits the 4th?

13. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

'T-Mac who?'

Great defense by the Rockets, really impressed to hold Knicks way under their average scoring

14. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

LOL. You guys who bash AB's "playmaking" abilities kill me.

If I'm not mistaken, his Assists Per 36 minutes coming into tonight's game was 6.9 - compared to Kyle's 7.1.

I love Kyle as much as the next guy. But, the reason he sometimes struggles with better defensive teams or better coached teams is they play him FOR THE PASS.

They can't do that with AB.

As much as I love seeing Kyle sell out for an offensive rebound or steal, I cringe and get pissed off when he (over) flops and doesn't get the call - or pulls up for some off balance J after dribbling the shot clock out.

As much as I love seeing AB nail three's in an opponents face, I get pissed off when he throws a lazy pass or let's the non calls get him frustrated.

They are who they are - neither head and shoulders above the other. One's strengths, the other's weakness.

Why continue to debate who is better, who should start, etc.?

They are both better in certain matchups and also both effective when playing TOGETHER.

Give it a rest - didn't see you busting him up when he had 10 assists in (I believe (24 minutes).

2 people like this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I just watched the game over. Of course Hayes was money, but IMO Hill really had a nice game. After pressing early with his shot, he really settled down and had a solid game on the defensive end with blocks and rebounds. It's something I've been waiting to see from Hill, if you're not scoring, you can still be effective in other areas. Tonight Hill was just that.

16. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Funny, you didnt mention he hit two big shots in the last few minutes. Without Brooks, this team is going nowhere

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

We owned that _'Antoni ball...

18. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Aaron Brooks Kmart are clutch, end of story.

19. Roxs-Redemption

20. mazinger

mazinger Member

2 big shots in the last minute? You mean when we were up by 14 points? How are those big shots? Did you not see his 2 turnovers too? hahahah Didn't you see we always lost our 14-16 point lead when Brooks was in? And When our lead was down to 5 points in the 4th with 5 minutes left Brooks was taken outand and Martin came in and scored 5 straight points giving up our 10+ point lead?

And I'll fix your statement. The team isn't going anywherte with Brooks.