1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 103, Spurs 84

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Rocketsgo

Rocketsgo Member

sweet win. And who still think we can't win Spurs without Tmac? It's better for Tmac to have a good recovery, and play his best in the playoffs.

2. blivo

blivo Member

how does a 7'6 player get 1 rebound?
    only watched the game cast, butt pretty goood game. very spread out, and battier running into the flow a bit more which is good to see.

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

My goodness! What has gotten into this team? Defensive energy, steals, fast break points, ... sheesh! Are these the same Rockets?

The letdown was at the end of the second quarter. The offense went stagnant with Artest going one on one too often leading to fast breaks the other way. Once that was corrected, it looked like actual team basketball. Amazing.

4. redao

redao Member

talking about Battier, it is a shame that now Artest is shooting threes and missing layups....

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I asked the same thing. But whatever, the Rockets one. Yao didn't have much of a stat line tonight. It's like the ***'s who were saying he was better than Howard because Dwight had an off night. They happen, Yao just had one too.

Go ROckets!

6. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

I am just so tired of those guys saying "Start Head, Bench T-mac" as Rox gets a blowout, and "We miss T-mac so much" as Rox loses the game (Vs Pacers).

7. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

indeed and they looked good out there

8. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

hope we can keep this up , let T-mac rest up get his head on straight. I'm also happy we got to give Yao some great rest as well.

9. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Did you watch the game? He was good tonight despite the poor stat line. Great Defense on Duncan. Hell, he got a good steal from Duncan too. Yes, a steal.

10. guokees

guokees Member

See Dorsey finally.Great!

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

On a side note:

There's no way we're going to win playing at that tempo tomorrow in Denver. That's their pace. Their style. We have to slow the game down, expose their inability to guard Yao, and have Artest do a number on Melo.

Oh, and bringing the D like we did tonight would be awesome. :eek:

12. conquistador#11

why keep calling tmac lazy? He's hurt! grr. yao can't create his own shots, I just figured this out myself =/

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

hopefully he'll get those out now and not get those 1 rebound in the playoffs :mad: . we can't afford our center to get 1 rebound or 5 rebounds in big games.

we won big so that really didn't matter.

14. vanguard2046

vanguard2046 Member

To some Berry haters, don't speak without thinking. The reason that the rox can blow out the spurs might have be Barry is familar with spurs' game plays. It helps Rox's adjusment on both ends.

let's not forget that the spur is on the back end of B2B games.

15. Rocketsgo

Rocketsgo Member

Yao just blocks Ducan out for teammates to get the rebounds. When Spurs was catching up during the second quarter, it was Yao who started the offense .

16. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

YEAH BUT WE STILL DIDNT SEE WHAT HE COULD REALLY DO SO I DONT THINK THAT SHOULD COUNT. :rolleyes: :(

17. redao

redao Member

he got as many rebounds as Yao in just 100 seconds play.

18. ThaBlackKnight

What a difference a couple of days of practice makes. Before last game, the team only knew maybe a day before the game, at most that Tmac wasn't going to play, and that Battier would return.

I really don't think they had time to practice with that new lineup. Its a drastic change bringing back Battier and taking away Tmac right before a game. However, with some practice, it makes the game much easier to adjust to.

Tonight showed the results. We were able to have 7 players in double figures and our defense really put the clamps on tonight. I know the Spurs are still adjusting to their big players coming back, but tonight's game was pretty well played by the Rockets on both ends of the floor regardless.

Its good to know that we don't have to rely on Yao and Tmac soo much anymore (Yao 12 points, 1 reb, only 9 fga, Tmac didn't even play). This really shows the depth of our team. I know Luther can't play like this every night, but if its not him, Brooks, Scola, Landry, and Alston can help out. Plus Ron is usually pretty solid at the very least offensively. Chuck Hayes also played fantastic defense tonight vs. Duncan.

When you can spread a team's defense out, its much easier to attack. When teams can pack the middle in, then our offense will only be outside shots.

All in all, this was good win, and a very important win within the division. Hopefully they can keep this way, and maybe Tmac can rest his knee some more until it heals, and then we'll really see this team take off.

19. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

Cool to see Bobby Sura sitting front row.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Thought Yao would dominate tonight in the absence of T-Mac...

But no worries guess what we got someone new to head the team tonight!(pun intended)