1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 103, Spurs 84

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Mr.TripleDouble

Why was Barry out for tonight's game?

It's seems odd that he's missed both games against the Spurs already..Covert Ops Barry :rolleyes:

2. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Lazy Mcgreedy ...

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

To be honest, I don't actually think this is a bad thing for the team... :p

4. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

What a game. What a team. :D

5. worzel gummidge

they're wondering why they were doubling scola and yao all night leaving head open.

6. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

This game shows the character of this team. After a tough loss to the Pacers, the Rockets come back home and respond in the opening minutes of tonight's game, building up a big double-digit lead. We nearly lose the lead before halftime though and we start to see flashbacks of previous game collapses. But the Rockets respond once again after halftime, plays 24 great minutes of basketball, and come out with the 19 point victory.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man. I've been waiting all season long for a blowout game, one where we don't take our foot off the pedal. Having it come against the Spurs is sweet, it could only have been topped by having it done to the Mavs or the j*zz.

8. jondoe

jondoe Member

Nice win. Team is deeeeep. I like Luther too, even though I always bag on his boneheaded passes, he seems like a nice guy and a true professional. I guess its Wafer's turn to warm Luther's seat.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yao was decent. i loved his defensive effort tonight, but the offense really only flowed through him well for stretches of the 3rd. other than that, others really stepped up.

we can't look to our stars every possession and they did that.

the energy the team came out with was amazing. they need to do that every night.

10. Glacier

Glacier Member

Props to RA for good adjustments: 1. gave up on Barry and brought back Head, 2. used Yao as a central axis for ball movement.

11. Mr.Pink

Mr.Pink Member

I doubt you would be as forgiving if we lost.

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Honestly, even though we had a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter...I was still sitting on the edge of my seat thinking about that blown 14pt or so lead in San Antonio...

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Actually, RA did a good job. But he had no choice but to make the right choice lol cos Barry was injured.

Go Luther!

14. bewy

bewy Member

If only we played like this against the pacers..

15. JohnMatrix

JohnMatrix Member

Yao played smartly tonight with decent defense and proper pass. Dogfight with the opponent big ones leads to 1 rebound and i don't care about the statistics. Once the best center be the axes of ROX, a sure win comes imho.

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Great game for Luther, happy for him. But we all know that he will disappear next game or he playoffs. That's who he is. Happy to see him produce tonight though.

17. lysports007

lysports007 Member

great great great ball movement!

18. TracyMcGreat

TracyMcGreat Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPBS7dVrE1U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPBS7dVrE1U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm sorry dude you are the grinch.

19. verti89

verti89 Member

man we need to get clutch to start a couple of standard sticky threads for post game analysis. sticky thread for every win where we can rant about how amazing the team is and adelman is and how we should trade whoever happened to not play at all or well during the game. then another sticky for every loss where we can hit the big red panic button and go on and on about how we need to blow up the team and fire adelman. yes we have been a bit inconsistent but overall we are in a good place. thats all i got.

20. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

We played as a team and thats why we won.