1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 102, Pacers 99 (UPDATE: Recap/Highlights)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2010.

1. yearning

yearning Rookie

A 6th man with 35 minutes and stay on the court at crunch time? I'd be fine if Brooks takes the rest 13 minutes per game as a starter.

2. FullMetal Sage

Great freaking win...got to watch the re-run!

3-6 here we come!

3. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

The score is the only thing I got wrong. :grin:

4. lon_1023

lon_1023 Member

i would like brooks to take 3mins and give 10mins to Ish for now.. :p
    lowry's defense + martin's offense + miller's smartness + scola's skill + battier's defense + a pretty good bench = the Rockets now!
    we need every part holds together to win!!

PS: I think our defense get much better because other team's PG can't penetrate crazy and feed their teammates.

5. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

When Opportunity Knocks Be Redy to Answer the Door...(JT, PP, and or JJ) :cool:

6. albuster

albuster Member

Nice win but what is going on with these players' ankles. Is there something wrong with the taping or whatever else they do at the training room before the games? It seems like every ankle injury is serious enough to keep the players out for relatively lengthy amounts of time.

I know that bad ankle injuries take time to heal but minor ones need not take so long. Anyway, I will leave this question to the "experts" on ankle injuries.

I hope Bud recovers quickly. It is very sad that he is really starting to play well in all facets of the game, especially his defense and is getting out of his shooting slump, then this happens. This is just frustrating.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I really hope we have found some permanent starters.

8. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

YAY! :grin: :grin: :grin:

9. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

That is the Coolest Rockets Jersey I have ever seen, No Lie :)

10. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Contributing Member

It looked like he was undercut by Collison and came down on miller's foot.

#150 BugOnAHarley, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  11. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Lmmfao! That's funny as hell!

12. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Good win, we needed that game bad. Let's turn this season around.

13. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Contributing Member

Very physical game.
    Roberts played very dirty in my opinion.

14. HouRKFan

HouRKFan Member

Does anybody know if i can buy a DVD of a previous taped Rockets game.....I was on tv several times tonight at the Rockets/Pacers Game and i don't live in texas and i got the Pacer Announcers calling the game, not fox sports houston. Does anybody know where i could buy a dvd of the fox sports houston telecast of the game? Thanks!

15. liljojo

liljojo Member

I believe Brooks should be paired with Yao. 20-25 mpg seems about right.

Two reasons:
    1. Spacing: Nobody does or should respect Lowry's 3pt shot. This allows his man sag off of Lowry and double Yao. Yao usually makes a pretty good decision and kicks it out to the open shooter, but when the open shooter is Lowry standing at the 3pt line, we have a problem. He could always drive the ball, but that leads me to my second point:

2. Kyle Lowry is a bowling ball: We all love Lowry's reckless, leave-it-all-on-the-floor style of play, but during a lot of his drives, he's out of control. This leads to free throws more often then not, but it also leads to Kyle Lowry falling the floor a lot. It would just be a matter of time before we see him in a protective boot again.

I like the combo of Kyle and Miller because Miller works primarily on the high post, freeing up the lane for Lowry to do his thing. Also, Miller has an outside shot to keep his defender honest. Add Shane to the mix, and Lee patrolling the passing lanes, we have a pretty good defensive lineup out there.

As I've been saying all along, as long as Yao starts, Brooks starts.

1 person likes this.
  16. PeppermintCandy

Lowry may not have a 3 point shot, but defenses can't sag off him like they used to with, say, Rafer Alston, because unlike Rafer, Lowry would immediately drive to the basket and get the foul or set up a shot for his teammates. He has ways to make defenses pay without relying on the 3.

Which is good because right now, our starting lineup seems too dependent on the outside shooting of Brooks and Martin. Lowry would do a better job setting up his teammates and add much-needed perimeter D.

OTOH coming off the bench, Brooks would give the second unit better backcourt offense and take some pressure off Budinger. Brooks, I think, fares better when plays with a big like Miller who won't clog up the lane.

I loved what Kyle did last season with the second unit, but with the new personnel, a change would do some good.

1 person likes this.
  17. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

miller doing his slowmo scoring but also hit some big shots outside. kyle lowry looking good on his D and actually pushing to his limit.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

And I've been saying all along that as long as Yao's minutes are limited to 24 or so, that he should play all those minutes in the bonus. So, Lowry should start along with Martin and Scola, push us into the bonus the first 6 minutes of every quarter, then Yao should come in off the bench and play the last 6 minutes of each quarter in the bonus, against the opponent's backup bigs where he can dominate even more......and of course with Brooks spacing the perimeter and keeping defenders honest from cheating in to Yao.

Starters
    Kyle
    Martin
    Budinger or Lee
    Miller
    Scola

Bench
    Brooks
    Battier
    Yao

19. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Great night! Rockets make 3 of the top 10 plays. Honorable mentions to: Lee, Martin, and Hill.

20. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

I meant Yao