1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Pacers 133, Rockets 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Seriously.

We can't make the playoffs, so why do you expect our senior players to play with a high intensity? So they can pad their own stats?

I love our young guys, they are giving their all, like they should, cut the veterans some slack.

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This game showed a lack of the coaching of NBA fundamentals
    eg. Never Foul the Jump shooter or never pass to an non offensive player expecting him to make an attempt to score when there are other scorers available.
    It all indicated several significant off season trades. :p

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I think Luther Head's Nba career is coming to a end. I can see him fitting with the overseas team. I think he'll do good there.

1 person likes this.
  4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

We should not be upset because we are going straight to:

[​IMG]

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Adelman's quote that clutch posted in the front page about not playing D, was that related to the other comment about him being critical of the starters?? I ask because i didnt watch the game, but looking at the boxscore it was their bench that shot extremely well...

6. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

He can't even score 20 ppg now and he's a started, what makes you think he's gonna score 20 ppg off the bench? i hope you meant 20 mpg

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oops, I meant 20Mpg...spelling error on my part.

DD

8. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

lol @ insulting the bench, then randomly ragging on Yao.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

How did Josh McRoberts sucking his rookie year scare NBA teams away from Chase Budinger?

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I guess McRoberts was another highly regarded athletic player coming out of high school who underwhelmed in college

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Because apparently if one white player does bad it scares teams away from every single white guy in the draft :rolleyes:

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No matter how much we're upset about this game, it and the rest we play will have absolutely no bearing on anything- they will not indicate how good (or bad) we will be next year, they will not indicate how we perform with our backs against the wall (as we are already eliminated from playoff contention), they will not make a whit of difference in our lottery chances (except losing might improve them a little), and it will not indicate anything at all about individual players' performances. I feel that it is a complete and utter waste of time to even complain about any of these last games- there are no moral victories in store, nothing that will carry over to next season. And if any of you want to use the "pride" argument, go ahead. The only thing beneficial to be gleaned out of these last few games is, maybe, to see how well little-used players perform. So Coach Adelman doesn't need to play Scola, Martin, Ariza, Brooks- we already know what we're getting out of them- give the other guys the time!!!

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey has already taded our tough defense players away!!! Mark My Words!!! :mad: :mad:

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The younger players will foul out without the veterans. RA needs to cut the minutes of the players that you mentioned to around 25 minutes.

15. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I absolutely agree. I mean, look at our team without Yao and tmac, even salarywise, this year. What other team would have done as well as us with those subtractions, both productionwise and salarywise. Take Dirk off the Mavs, take Duncan off the Spurs, take Kobe off the Lakers, etc, for the year and tell me what the outcome would be. Of course we arent a franchise to give up, so we fought the good fight, but really it has always been about building for next year. Will Yao be healthy and the player he was? I dont know, but thats a chance we have to take. We are all in with him and built accordingly. I dont believe in tanking and want to win every game but also want to see if some young guys can ball if given a chance. Really, now that we are out of the playoffs, who cares about the outcome of these last few games, versus judging talent and ability to play. We will be competitive next year, and if we arent, I dont think it will be bc we didnt add the talent or bc of coaching. Lets relax and wait for next year. just my two cents.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Ah yes, he traded all our players who were regarded as having the best defense on the team. Including: Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes, Kyle Lowry, Yao Ming, Trevor Ariza....

17. choujie

choujie Member

We'll have the worst defensive PG/SG combo in the league next year, I don't see how Yao can fix that all by himself. And I don't see how big a improvement the offense will be between 3 scorers and 4 scorers when there is only one ball to share and fewer numbers of the shots to take.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I don't know what Morey saw in Ariza when he signed him to a long term deal. Listen to our fans, they know better. :rolleyes:

19. choujie

choujie Member

We still have good defensive players, but they don't play that much anymore. That's the problem right there. We gain 2 points on offense, but lose 4 point on defense. That seems to be the new strategy.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love how you rag on Trevor DD, but fail to mention Kevin Martin.

Talk about playing like complete **** in every facet of the game. Trevor was playing some great multidimensional basketball not long ago, Clutch even updated the site with it. Rebounds/Assists/Steals/Points at 50% shooting.
    This year was to get Trevor prepared for NEXT year, as a FIFTH option...

He will be just fine...

Settle your ass down.