1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Pacers 133, Rockets 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

you sound like you do not know what you are talking about?

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

No we don't, often times we THINK we know what is best and sometimes we end up being right but it doesn't mean we know more then the coach or GM does.

3. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

i said we know the team AS well as the coah, not more than coach, we watch the games, we know the team's players tendencies and weaknesses just like a coach does

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep.

Your PG is as important on defense as is your C. If your PG can shut down the other PG (who is usually reponsible for getting their team into their offense) he has a large impact on the game. This is why Billups is so valuable to his teams, why I maintain that Rondo is a much better player than Brooks. Also most of the best PGs are above average defenders like CP3, Dwill, Billups, Rose...not Nash though, he's pretty bad.

This is why those Suns teams could never play defense. Also why despite Lakers scapegoat Fisher, he just still instinctively is a better defender and why he still starts on that team.

Your Center is your last line of defense, so when someone does get penetration your Center (or PF...a shotblocker) can affect his shot and make him think otherwise.

With that said, I would never ever take Alston back over Brooks. Brooks is just the much better overall player than Alston.

Your wing defenders are also important but I think a large reason we suck on defense is not because of Ariza (lol) but because of Brooks being our PG and Hayes (too small) being our Center. Hayes has good defensive games but at this point his lack of size has shown that he should go back to being used off the bench to guard PFs again.

1 person likes this.
  5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Budinger is no where near Martin's game, don't be fooled by Kevin's lack of production tonight. He just came off an injury that obviously hasn't healed yet.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

My apologies then however you mean to say that we, as fans, know as much as a guy who has won more then 800 NBA games?

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They are expecting him to average 20ppg honestly.

I don't think many are even looking at his defense. They just yell and scream everytime he misses a steal attempt.

No matter that all the best stealers in the NBA play the exact same defense. Wade/Paul/Rondo/Artest and are also gamblers and are also touted for their defensive ability. People are willing to accept the risk/reward with those players on defense but not with Ariza.

8. anchel

anchel Member

Indiana is playing good basketball right now, they're 8-3 in the last 11. Today they played a solid game, certainly much better than the Celtics played yesterday.

Good post, Jay.

9. milkshake

milkshake Member

On the bright side, Jordan Hill played really well again.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

So you think he was brought in to be what option?

11. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

We're pointing out obvious issues the team has. That's what fans do, in hopes of bettering the team. There isn't anything logically wrong with what I said, unless Ariza turns into Penny Hardaway lite next year... he plays outside of his abilities offensively and that ruins the games of his teammates as well. It's not like he's a player capable of becoming unconscious with great highs and lows like JR Smith, Tim Hardaway, etc.

12. lalala902102001

If we don't make any major personell changes over the summer other than adding Yao back, what are we going to do to fix this defense?

13. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

What the.. No way. The Coach knows them in person. And watches them practices. Trust me, coaches know 1000x more than a fan.

14. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

i did not say that we know as much as a guy who has won 800 games, silly, i said we know a lot about the rockets as a coach would, did not say rick adleman

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Practice* my bad.

16. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

start battier over ariza, playy jeffries and hill over hayes, bench anderson permannantley

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

What is scary is that my preseason prediction on wins is about to become true! I predicted 35-40 wins as I recall. They are almost there. After the good start, I thought I was wrong. Wrong. I don't know if you can keep talking about, "there is no quit in these Rockets." There appears to be some "tent folding" to me, and, frankly, I don't blame them. When is the lottery?

18. conquistador#11

The best part of the game was when battier joined the broadcast team. It was everything I expected, and I had not been that excited about a color commentator since this guy:

[​IMG]

19. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

We stunk today but this will help us next year when we play the pun- a-- Pacers again. They ran it up and we will remember. The Rockets should be ashamed regardless.

20. juzi

juzi Member

I am afraid that martin is the best that budinger can be.As for ariza,i think he is only a 3-point shooter and a defencer like what he did in lakers.