1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Pacers 125, Rockets 115

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. s3ts

s3ts Member

Kevin's missed lay-up at 14 ticks left in the game summarizes the game.

I like how we don't focus on the 5-spot at all, that is where we have the worst D and offense.

If Morey's failure is ever realized for this trade-deadline, it's not stressing the low-post, 5th spot.

WHERE'S OUR BACK-UP C? Andersen and Hayes will NOT cut it.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There is no excuse with his rotation tonight.

Why does Martin get preferential treatment? He knows the offense, yes...but the other guys don't even touch the floor.

If we got Amar'e I doubt he sits the entire game because he couldn't practice and didn't know the playbook.

All the other teams played their new guys.

I'm not melting down or anything, but Adelman could have thrown one of those guys out there for a few mins.

3. rocketsmetalspd

Finally have three legit bigs and they don't see any time. RA better start getting the bigs in the game or will be Lottery or Bust.

4. mic

mic Contributing Member

AB completely disappeared in the 4th till the very end. Our defense was pretty miserable.

5. HiroProtagonist

please step away from the ledge. it's just one game.

6. Apps

Apps Member

I think everyone expected a complete blowout with Kevin Martin letting loose and dazzling us all with his shooting. Unfortunately that didn't happen, and I'll admit, I was waiting for it happen as well.

I think that tonight was just an off night for Martin. We can't expect him to perform this poorly every night, because we know that he is a better player than that. One can only hope that the haters won't crawl out of the bushes, fueled by one bad game, and claim that they knew the Rockets were doomed from the start.

The bright side, however, is that we scored 65 points in the first half, and ended the game with five players with double digit scoring, showing that this team definitely has the capability to run a very effective offense. I didn't get to watch this game, but I'm going to ASSUME that the defense was what got us... it really seemed like Granger was burning the Rockets down the stretch (aside from him burning the team all game long :eek: ). I don't know what to say about that... but we're without Lowry and Yao, so our defense will be expected to suffer.

I hope more posters are able to keep their cool about this trade, even after tonight. Despite this lackluster performance, I am still pumped about Kevin Martin. Also, 2011/12 have never seemed so far away... I want to reap the benefits of those picks already!!!

2 people like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hilton Armstrong? Yeah he was just a throw in but you never know what you have until you use it [or lose it]

8. archinkent

archinkent Member

bad loss. cant say i was impressed or disappointed in martin, but hes definitely not used properly in this game, his first game and all. he is most effective when he shoots off a screen and they need to run that more.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

SMH Give them some time to adjust and figure out our rotation. We will be fine and Martin will start producing soon.

10. PeppermintCandy

This team is a work in progress so no worries.

Martin will play much better once he gets adjusted and incorporated into the offense.

As expected, Landry's absence leaves a big hole in the frontcourt. I do hope Adelman starts to work in Jeffries, Hill or Armstrong soon, because increasing Andersen's minutes and playing Battier at the 4 isn't going to be enough IMO.

11. potato head

potato head Member

yeah, to be honest, it makes me wish we went through with the stoudemire, battier, scola deal. i just plain like landry.

12. onreego

onreego Member

I think Rick loved Landry as much as the rest of us...doubt he wouldnt have loved it if Landry was still here

And tracy is the sole reason why tracys not in houston

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

one positive: Ariza looks much better offensively as an off-the-ball SF. He still ****ed up in the 4th quarter tho.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We had Scola playing Center and Battier playing PF.

These guys have no familiarity with the spot, that's why our defense looked completely lost.

15. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Good thing we traded that guy who is top 5 in the league in 4th quarter scoring. Kmart came up big down the stretch to seal this one.

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Jeez... calm down people. Hill, Jeffries, and Armstrong have been in Houston for a total of 1 day. Adelman went with the guys he was comfortable with tonight. Even though I'm disappointed that we lost, I can certainly understand why he did it. Wait until next week, that's when he will start using everybody.

Anyways, about the game tonight. What a tough loss. When the guys got off to a great start, I thought we had it in the bag... but then we started making dumb decisions like we usually do.

Somebody needs to let Trevor Ariza know pretty quick that Kevin Martin is here to take the pressure off of him in the 4th quarter. He doesn't have to continue to try to do everything himself anymore.

17. potato head

potato head Member

18. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Nice lottery performance, Rockets.

19. #1YAODADDY

#1YAODADDY Member

What happen to chuck tonight. we should of played him more. they were killing us on the boards in the second half.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We recently got 3 new guys with his length... 2 of which can already play better D...