1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Pacers 107, Rockets 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

The only thing consistent about this team is injuries.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Rafer 16 pts. 8 rebs 8 assist.

Gotta give him some props he's been playing good lately. I hope he keeps this up when Ron and T-mac get back. He was 1-6 from 3 tonight though, but a few of the rimmed out on him.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

True,that's why I wish Deke got a few situational minutes too.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Edit : 17 pts. for Rafer

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Really doesn't care for a non basketball guy. Really doesn't like to use deke and hayes because they kill his offense. Unlike JVG who look at not allowing pts to get u back in games, adelman like to use his offense to do it. Just like in the end in Sactown, rick can become a pain when he doesn't get what he wants. We'll see how this plays out.

6. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

I would trade artest and rafer for nash! Lets do it!

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Well from someone who was there...

We had no business being in the game in the second half, but our guys just worked hard to catch up.

If we hadn't had such a horrible first half - yes I am looking at you mr referee - we could have won this game even without Yao.

But the guys worked hard to catch up then just couldn't hit the shots when they most needed it.

On Foster and such getting into the middle... it was all about the screen and defense off the screen.

When Carl was in, he was going out too far on the guard's man to stop the penetration and then he couldn't get back to his man in time... because our other players we're trying to guard on the perimeter they didn't have time to recover in the middle to stop that easy pain in the tushy layup - that the annoying Foster or Nesterovich or whoever the big white guy in the middle was - from making.

We were hooting and hollering but I doubt you could hear us. :)

I would imagine we will do a "game thread" with the pictures from the few of us that got together... we had face paint and everything... wait till you see Jose's VonHawk!

8. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

It's funny - after this game today, I went to the ESPN trade machine to try this exact trade. It wasn't approved, but I added some other small salary fill-ins to the mix and it did work out

This would be a fantastic trade for the Rockets, but I'm not sure of Shane is the defender that he "once was"...and we still need an elite defender. I feel we have that with Artest.

Steve Nash is clutch and consistent. He is passionate about the game, and overall a good guy. This guy is almost a guarenteed 15-10 and yes, I am well-aware that he isn't doing so well this year.

It's time for the Suns to blow it up, be it with a trade with the Rockets or not, it is something I expect them to do.

35points at the half? multiple times? Nuff said.

9. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Also, Nash in Adelman's offense? I smell success :D

But our team is fine the way it is,too*

* = once we are healthy...

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Pacers have the Rockets number in the same way a more talented Jazz team has. Size matters.

11. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I don't know about that, the Suns fans think Nash's D is a joke and his backup should get more of his mins. He is declining rapidly.

12. hollywoodo

hollywoodo Member

all i gotta say is that brooks really let me down AGAIN. our team was lost while he was on the floor...and as soon as rafer steps in, we were back on top.

might as well have played luther head. at least he shoots better. :confused:

13. hollywoodo

hollywoodo Member

he took one shot from half court to beat the buzzer, another one with seconds to go in the game as a toss up over a defender.

RAFER has stepped up his game to the caliber rox need to win the championship when the big 3 are healthy. he aint no cp3, but with our other fellas, he is our best ball handler.

14. AttackTheRack

AttackTheRack Member

After Yao went down, the Pacers just dominated the rim. Jeff Foster with putback dunks, what'shisface going off the top of the glass, etc. - that doesn't happen with Yao in there. If Yao's out for any amount of time, the Rox are gonna' get absolutely killed on the glass. Backup center, anyone? Anyone?

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

How long have I been screaming about a mobile backup? Nevermind.

16. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Considering no TMAC, no Ron and no Yao for second half I was happy with how the secondary guys outscored the Pacers by 5 in the second half and rallyed late.

17. amak

amak Member

That f****in Tony Brothers referee made countless BullSh** calls tonight! Yao was getting wrestled with away from the ball which is probably what induced his pain...As for the other guys even with out the big three, made good runs and good effort. In reality i think it makes our other players better. Scola! Hell of a game, just work on your FTs! i heard wafer got blocked by granger? Damn.

18. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

It was at 99-97 with 26 seconds left in the game. Why did the rockets foul? If they would of played good defense they get the ball back with 2 secs for a chance at the tie or win.

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If they took a shot at the buzzer it would take us about two seconds just to grab the rebound.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Well, It was a bad game. As much as you cannot complain about defense (39%) we gave up too many free throws, and nobody could hit nothing from the outside. Plus that, we didn't really have a guy, who could force the issue inside, like T-Mac for example.