1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Pacers 107, Rockets 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rockets_fanatic

The only reason I think Deke didn't play tonight, is that he wouldn't be able to guard there big men when they went to the perimeter. Hopefully he gets used against teh Pistons.

2. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

hey YAO is ok and we are gonna have to wrap it up. Which is what were GONNA DO!!! :D

3. blender

blender Member

The Pacers announcers mentioned how on defense, Battier could be heard shouting to his teammates to watch for a certain pick way before it was set, and how this was something Battier could've known only by studying the Pacer's offense beforehand. They said this in admiration, and that this kind of preparation is what sets Battier apart.

OTH, you could tell Battier has not fully healed from his injury. He's a step or two slow and his man-to-man defense particularly shows this. And the worrisome thing is that Battier himself said he didn't think he'd completely heal during this season.

4. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

now lets pray for NJN and Twolves. Both of them are close game atm

5. joesr

joesr Member

The Real Summary:

Over 44mil in our salaried players were not on the court (this is more then 2/3's of the cap).

Other Things:

3 2nd year 26th pick and higher players mostly. Young team on the court.

Although both sides will always say bad ref'fing I kinda feel this was way biased agaisnt our bigs (saw too many uncalled for Landry and especially our international players Yao and Scola). As if one ref had more calls then the other two combined.

Scolandry played very good, a lot of hustle.

We had too many missed FT's.

Are other two big three are still getting rest and hopefully we see them al together again in Detroit.

Brooks, while not completely out of his slump is getting it back. Just remember a shooters mentality especially that of someone still in his first contract will hate to touch the ball if he has been off. Kudos to RAdelman for playing him through.

Another kudos to RAdelman. While us fan bash him for not taking a player out or putting one in he has done a good job regardless. RAlston has come out of a slump (hopefully thats what it was) from playing through it and so will After Burner. He plays Yao through his slumps as well. It is his way and seems to be working for the better in the long run which is more important right?

6. Landlord Landry

if it makes you feel better, I personally think Detriot is in the bag for the Rockets.

7. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Yeah, we can only hope that Battier can at least get back to 90% after the all star break. He said he was going to use the all star break to get back to his old self. Whether or not that happens will remain to be seen. But he is an integral part of the Rockets success.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

A loss is a loss, but I still felt we showed how deep our bench is. Yao played 17 minutes, T-Mac/Artest still out, and we kept pace with them.

The more I watch the Rockets play, the more I feel that our team is an elite if everyone plays at the same time. I'm not saying it will happen, but it still gives me hope as a fan.

9. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

I think T-Mac will play next game.

10. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I've told anyone that wants to listen that adelman has a thing for morey and its not a good thing either.

12. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

We still in the game without all of our big three..Hope to see Yao on next game.. Go Rockets

13. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

not a healthy yao, a healthy team

14. guokees

guokees Member

The first year they came to NBA,we were swept.

15. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

Looks like it is offical.

16. worzel gummidge

could you elaborate on this?

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is an example of what happens when the other team doesn't have to double team any of your players. Really missed Ron and Tracy tonight.

18. rocketsmetalspd

Yao needs to go Dream like and start wearing the knee pads. Read the current Chronicle game article where Yao mentions that he has been hit on the same spot on his knee the past 10 games. I wish he would consider it since his been hit on the same spot for awhile and he could also wear the elbow pads like Dream did.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was most disappointed by the defense - gave up so many points right down the middle of the lane.

The last three games - where has our interior defense gone?

We went from a team that forced the opposite team to take jumpers to a swiss cheese get a layup on us team.

20. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

The Suns are horrible. I think we should go after Steve Nash.