1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Mavericks 97, Rockets 96

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

You're right about Dallas overcelebrating, but I thought it was hilarious, I'm only slightly mad. :grin:

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

If you are really upset, then you have problems. It was just a practice game and we didn't even use a normal rotation. That last play may end up being a blessing in disguise. I think during the regular season in a similar situation they will remember this game. Anyway, it was a good intense game to prepare us for the regular season.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Not for the right reasons though.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Clutchfans in midseason form. At least wait for a game that counts before bringing out the lynch mob.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Key problems for the Rockets:

1: rebounding.
    2: scola's defense

Miller may look cool up in the high post doing this trick and that trick..but he ain't gonna rebound much if he's at the high post the whole time.

Those 2 lost us the game.

6. anchel

anchel Member

About Yao minutes, I would prefer this other distribution:

1st quarter: 8
    2nd quarter: 0
    3er quarter: 8
    4th quarter: 8

Current distribution does not help him, and even less to the team.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well I hope to god that we will put arguably our best player, Martin, in during the fourth quarter of regular season games. I really don't know what Lee is doing out there to earn all those minutes, he had like one layup throughout the whole 4th quarter. :confused:

Obviously the Rockets were trying to lose that game by not putting their best players in at the end, hope thy don't try to lose regular season games like that.

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

THIS!!!!!!!! You beat me to it! Sure, Lee still was stupid not to throw the ball in the air or otherwise stay in bounds, but the refs screwed up by picking the wrong point at which to stop the clock. Lee was not touching the ball when his foot landed out of bounds, but the refs stopped the clock at that point. If they waited for the ball to bounce (in-bounds) and come back up to hit his hand (which would have been the correct call), the clock would have expired.

Oh, well. Thank G-d it's just preseason. Otherwise, my wife would need to take away my belt and shoelaces.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I thought you left?

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Should get used to losing games in the 4th a lot during the season. Happens to deep teams without a legit closer. Write.that.down

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Funny how only a couple of us noticed that thing....lol.

For giggles the Rockets organization should protest just to teach the referees the rules.

DD

12. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Its not getting mad over a preseason loss...its that it was a loss due to a collapse...obviously there were reasons such as adelman was sick, diff rotations etc...but with a lead like that..u shouldn't blow it...even for preseason

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think we were trying to win the game.

Martin was on the bench during clutch time, and when we needed to score we seemed to go to everyone but our best option in Brooks. I think it was one of those nights, lets see who else can make clutch plays.

I think we dominated them most of the game and I think the result would have been different in the regular season. Good it was just preseason though so no worries...I'm a bit worried though at what happened with the clock, a bit too convenient for the clock to have 0.4 secs left when it clearly should not have.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It also wouldn't hurt to have our best player on the floor.

15. cg2woai

cg2woai New Member

I hope Hayes and Lowry will be healthy and back in regular season. :) Just foget this match.

16. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Well ya, when i am starting to see why they wanted Dampier....Brad Miller can pass, but on defense he is not a shot blocker or even a decent rebounder.

Deke spoiled us.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Aww! He stepped out! Didn't see that. Oh well, pre-season is finally over.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Actually, this is the best game that the rockets have played this preseason. They looked like a playoff team.

p.s., they need to re-arrange Yao's minutes.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

i want to clear up. I think we were trying to win the game...but not doing everything we could do to win it. Thus the reason Martin was on the bench for key offensive possessions and Brooks not taking any key shots when we know he can get pretty aggressive in clutch situations, at some times TOO aggressive in clutch situations.

20. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

THIS. And why did we not have a big guarding the basket. I know it's only one game but Elson Turner coached as if he were lost out there.