1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Mavericks 97, Rockets 96

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 22, 2010.

1. DaJet

DaJet Member

To be honest, I never saw Martin at all on the bench.

Hope he isn't injured or anything. :confused:

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It definitely shouldn't have been exactly 0.04 seconds left, that's for sure. I guess they wanted to see a last second play.

3. plates300

plates300 Member

last 3 minutes of the game, brooks did not touch the ball and the offense went to hell. poor shots and turnovers. and if the rockets go one on one, the ball has to be either in Martin's hands or Brooks's hands - nobody else.

4. rockettexan24

rockettexan24 Member

I don't know whats funnier, Dallas celebrating like they just won the NBA championship, or Rocket fans getting all mad over losing a meaningless preseason game

5. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Mark Cuban: hey hey... ref... uh i'll give you 5k.... CASH .. if you put 0.4 secs left on the clock.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This team isn't mean enough. We still need Dampier. Rockets need to grow some nuts and learn from this game that it's not over till it's over. The only way to fix this is to beat Lakers on tuesday.

7. hm70

hm70 Member

Too badd Lee
    Win sure??? No................... :confused:

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i missed the last few secs, but saw a replay of the final bucket....why on earth do people want martin playing d over Lee? Maybe on offense, but defensively you want Lee out there. If he gets picked it's someone else's job to rotate.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I totally freckin' agree!

10. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

Lee is a good player but he is overrated. His jumper is below average. His depence is OK. He is not a starter material.

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I was referring to the poor offensive execution of the last several minutes (if not the whole) of the fourth quarter.

This team is pretty talented offensively and Martin should be in during 4th quarters to help keep the team scoring.

I'm sure the coaches already know that and just wanted to see Lee in an opportunity to close a game though.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

1. Yao's defense is good, has been improved a lot.

2. Coaches need to find a way to put Yao on the floor for the last several minutes of game.

Overall, a good game!

13. J-Man

J-Man Member

#%&$ crapney lee........ such a douch.......

good thing its still preseason.....

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

We were trying to win so bad... and to lose. This is the worst outcome of the last game of the preseason. Maybe they will work all the kinks out before the first game but it is clear Elston Turner sucks as a coach and we are so far from being that team that plays good together. Scola looked pathetic at times. Battier looked pathetic at times. Yao can only play 24 minutes. I know it is preseason but I am pissed at the coaching and the effort. We are not better than Dallas not now. Not yet... they walked away with the win. ANd proved they know how to beat us again. So I do have some worries. We have to beat Dallas and all the best teams if we truly want to be contenders.

15. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I thought you left?

16. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

That's not the first time you've seen a guy lose Lee and go up for an easy dunk/layup. Finally the pre is over...YES.
    Oh, the Lakers are losing to Golden State, I feel a little better. :grin:

17. hm70

hm70 Member

Who should have the ball with five seconds left in the game?

Lee......... ;)

18. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

Preseason or not, it is a critical play.

November 06, 2008. Remember? It could have made huge difference in playoff seat. :mad: and the result of the playoff.

And Rockets still have trouble the play.

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I thought I'm right.

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

At least we will make ESPN