1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Mavericks 101, Rockets 91 (UPDATE: Recap/Video highlights)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiah

Fiah Member

amen.

2. FullMetal Sage

This. Whats the point of making the 8th seed? Getting knocked out in the first round...again.

3. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Have you see them lately? Kobe hasn't look like the Kobe we know. The team doesn't look that strong.

4. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Currently:

1. SA
    2. LA
    3. DAL
    4. Utah
    5. NO
    6. OK
    7. DEN
    8. POR

Do you really see us having a chance at the 8th seed? I don't even see us having a better record than the 9th, 10th, and 11th place teams by the end of the year.

9. PHO
    10. GS
    11. MEM

I'd be much happier being in the lottery than grabbing the 8th spot and getting swept.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How is this true? The team with the worst record hardly ever gets #1 pick any ways.

Rockets have been playing really bad all season long. Bottom 10 so far.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am sorry I checked back in, 35% shooting, way to brick them. Before I tuned out, I don't know, the Rockets look so, so, well, not very good in any aspect of the game. They aren't big, they aren't athletic, they aren't even good shooters, they aren't very fast, basically, they aren't very talented, and for some reason, I thought they were.

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

WE NEED MORE lottery BALLS!!!!

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

They are 13-4, about to be 14-4, and will get Bynum back soon. They have lost a few games but you can not judge them by that, they won't get interested in truly winning till late in the year and even then should be in control in the West. What don't they have...Bench, Length, Height, Closers, defensive stoppers...they have it all.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Chandler's play has made Haywood available (it's forced Haywood to the bench) but he signed a big contract ($50M I believe) with the Mavs. Chandler is free after this season but the Mavs will want to keep him while dealing Haywood. The looming labor mess really clouds Chandler's chances for a big deal like the one Haywood got. I dunno - I'm not sure Haywood is really worth that amount of money even to the Rockets.

10. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Yes, Yes indeed!!

11. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It doesnt make sense to me to bring out that 0-5 stat. Isn't possible for LA to go through a 5 game l osing streak? Miami? Any team really. Does that mean they're a bad team? The same is too small and it's from the worst possible time for us. Starting off with a few injuries and trying to get new teammates to gel. Plus, it could have easily been 4-1. Doesn't really tell us how good or bad this team is with Brooks and Yao.

I know he just had a knee injury this past month, but im not sure if it's an injury that will hurt his career.

Although i just watched this highlight clip I think his skills are clearly shown. He's very athletic for his size, loves to literally attack the rim, blocks shots well, and his jumper is decent out to 15-16 feet. I'm not sure how polished his post moves are, but he seems to have at least a few and he moves very fluidly. All he may need is some extensive one on one coaching to be a solid post player, if he's not already. He's unlike any other player we have and may be exactly what we need. I can't see any significant weaknesss to him other than his frame, but he doesn't play as soft as his frame might suggest.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8OTybeBsDz4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8OTybeBsDz4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. rocketsmetalspd

Really sad to think that the Lottery is the only thing to shot for now after what was expected of this team. I still hope the organization comes up with something to save this season. I hate about having to think of next season already.

14. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

If we make the 8th seed it means we are playing good. Whats the point of rebuilding if we don't go full tank mode. We can definitely get way more with a trade than in the lotto.

If we going to rebuild (3-5years project) Scola, Brook, this year Yao or a sign and trade next year, KM, Battier etc. We can get good a lot of picks or young players better than in the draft. We need to win and have our players play good to get something decent out of them. Sucking will just devalue our players.

And forget to attract any FA with a bunch of college player around.

Just look at all the usual lottery teams. They all the same. Other than Orlando, what team have make it to the finals with lottery pick lately. Unless we are getting a Lebron, Duncan, Kobe, Wade, Melo type of player we are just going to be sucking for a long time.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

This team is what it is. No way we can compete with the elite teams of the league.

Every team built up after Miami got their trio but we have added laterally to our roster. If we could compete last year, not so this year. No rim protection; Yao is not (will never get?) back at his former level yet. Refusal to play JHill on the starting unit. Team defense too porous. Too few athletic players. A trade or two won't do; we need a whole make-over.

So guys, just enjoy the game and the wins, few as they may come. Just enjoy the players. As I said before, what I'm looking for is a little improvement, a little more court awareness and savvy, and I think we can see that in individual players.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the mavs are arguably the best in the west right now. no shame in losing, but same problems persist.

bad teams let the same problems persist. good teams are inconsistent, with more good games. great teams are consistent.

we're bad right now.

17. albuster

albuster Member

Too down I don't even feel like posting. But for the sake of unity with the other members of Clutchfans, I will have to let everyone know that I feel your pain.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It makes all the sense in the world. The facts speak for themselves: they were 0-fer with the two missing guys everyone keeps harping on as the solution to what's going on out there now. They were a bad team with them and they are a bad team without them. This team is built around Yao Ming - the Yao Ming of 3 years ago - a Yao Ming who no longer exists. Now when AB & Yao come back (maybe), RA & DM have no choice but to play the hand they have dealt themselves and let the chips fall where they may. But don't pretend that this team will suddenly morph into one capable of challenging the Mavs, Spurs, Jazz, Hornets or LA because that particular team does not exist.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well, that was a ****ter of a game. :(

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

That video looks like a young Camby imo. So Rolle is done this season? Hmmm nice athlete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.