1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Mavericks 101, Rockets 91 (UPDATE: Recap/Video highlights)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Martin and Scola are great scorers but hurt this team on the other side of the ball a lot of times just as much.

Battier is old same with Miller.

This team should seriously consider going into full rebuild mode. Put up those guys and see what you can get for them and focus on developing Hill, Chase, Bud, Brooks etc.

2. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

If you didn't watch this game and saw the final score you would probably think we did ok to only lose by 10.

Should have been 30, and it hurts to be a rockets fan right now.

we aint making the playoffs, call up Pat Pat, free JT and give them solid minutes..

3. The Situation

The Situation Member

[​IMG]

Hopefully they don't screw up in the draft

4. Raven

Raven Member

Rockets must now go 45-20 in order to finish the season at 50-32, which is probably the minimum number of victories necessary to make the playoffs.

45-20.

5. TheresTheDagger

Yep. That about sums it up.

6. Danckchi

Danckchi Member

I dont think it makes much of a difference. The problem lies with the team as a whole. Somehow, our team is not playing well together. Our coach is one dimensional like the players.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

lol, repped.

8. TheresTheDagger

How did we go from taking the Lakers to 7 games a year and a half ago to this..............?

The only word I can use to really describe this season is ...."depressing".

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, we don't need to at this moment to finish bottom 3 in the league.

10. plates300

plates300 Member

It's frustrating to watch the starting line up. None of them can create off the dribble or even create their own shot.

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5756477&postcount=101

That's three in a row (3/3). The spread was Rockets +9.5.

I think I'm gonna cool it for a bit. I hope some of you gamblers made money off of my advice. I don't want to encourage gambling, so I'm gonna stop now.

12. anchel

anchel Member

Not this year. Phoenix and Portland are worse teams than last year.

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Houston'hope is on JT & PP

14. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Third Quarter: Rick Adelman puts the starting line up in for god knows what reason. Chuck and Scola are there and Scola was defending Nowitski for some god forsaken reason. Now that Chuck was not defending Nowitski, why the HELL do you play him? It is not that I hate chuck, but I didnt see any reason to play him if he isnt defending Nowitski on the floor.

So the remaining players were Lowry, Martin and Scola. Lowry cant shoot. Martin became a chucker. Scola was the only guy who was effective. He made a few baskets and the Mavs started throwing double teams at him. If you had Brad on the floor, he would have at least made a few buckets if Scola had passed out or something. what can Chuck Hayes do?

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Is there any confirmation to what Bill said? Is it really 3 weeks?...

16. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Bingo!

Now also subtract Nowitzki and Terry/Kidd from Mavs and see how the game turns out.

Simply don't have the horses to compete right now.

DR

17. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

I LOL'd.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The ever-so-frustrating aspect of this is that we don't know what this team can be with Yao and Brooks. Yeah, there's still the problem with the defense (only Battier and Yao would be considered "not below average" among the starters), but Yao and Brooks change the complexion of this team moreso than any other players.

While certainly not on the same scale, what if the Lakers were without Kobe and Pau for an extended period? A team led by Lamar Odom, Ron Artest and a bunch of role players would not fare so well, either.

19. FullMetal Sage

I think the problem, for a lot of players on this and other teams, is that coaching staffs every where try and mold players into what they want/need them to be for that team. They may never get the hang of whats asked, or don't want that role of, spot up shooter, or strictly a defender and so on. Some players thrive like that, and for some thats all they can really do. But if your not a super star in college or high school then no NBA team is going to try and make you better in all areas of the game, those players have to do that work all there own. Well thats what I always think anyways.

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

This team sucks period. There is many, many reason i can think of, but imo we all know what they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.