1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 118, Rockets 78

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2009.

1. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

i cant belive how much ron artest sucks trying to be a dribble penetrator. i had to turn it off after the 50th time artest turned the ball over dribbling out the shot clock. I think we need to not resign him if tmac and yao are not there. he is a third scoring option and he acts like he is on an elite offensive level and he is just not....hope rox can kick thier ass in game 6. To make the lakers go to seven games with half our team....that would be sweet. All healthy...rox have better team.. go rockets!!! :p

2. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

I love the Rockets mad LA :mad:

3. hmittal

hmittal Member

It amazes me how many bandwagon fans live in the city of Houston. After Game 4's victory everybody thought the Rockets were world beaters; however, after Game 5's defeat many fans have already given up. I wonder how the city can even support its franchises when fans behave like this. Sure the Rockets got beaten badly on the road wasnt that expected. Did we actually think the Lakers would just thrown in the towel at home? Its ok to criticize the team as a fan but you should always believe and support your team. We can still win this thing in 7 games, as long as the team plays as one unit and Artest is not being selfish. So lets route on the Rockets for Game 6 and anything is possible in Game 7!

As Rudy T said after the 95 sweep of the Magic! Never underestimate a heart of a champion!

4. soupman

soupman Member

The post by hmittal (above) is spot on.

5. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Exactly, game four was an abberation, we couldn't beat Utah, Pheonix or Portland with this roster in a series. Even if we had Deke I'd give us a chance but fighting three 7 footers with a front line of Hayes and Scola just isn't happening.

I'm still very proud of this team, with the exception of last night they have fought tooth and nail in every game. We finally got the first round monkey off our backs and the possibilities for next season are endless. Brooks/ Lowry proved they are a legit point guard combo. We have a little wiggle room with Rafer's and Cook's contract coming off, we have Tmac's huge expiring contract at the trade dealine, Scola, Battier, Landry and Hayes all at reasonable contracts. We're still a team on the rise, Morey has done a great job putting this team together.

6. hmittal

hmittal Member

Maybe worse playoff performance, but what do you expect with the Lakers talent especially when they are motivated and we have 40 points out of the lineup (Yao & Tracy) and what do you know that was the difference in the game.

7. hmittal

hmittal Member

Oh give me a break!

8. lacool

lacool New Member

What if Artest went after D.J. Mbenga, how long would it take for Mbenga to take out Artest? That would be less than 5 seconds. Artest is like that punk Kevin Garnett. Ever notice that neither one of them will go after anyone who is close to their size/weight? Lets match the rockets toughest against the Lakers toughest - Artest against Mbenga. Mbenga has a black belt in Judo/Karate and would absolutely pulverize Artest. All you Houston fans thought Artest was so tough to go after Kobe but all his street toughness would get him destroyed against Mbenga.

9. DoubleRods

DoubleRods Member

Of course i'm excited for game 6 at home, i think we can put up a decent fight.

HOWEVER

I'm so excited to see Mr. Dorsey integrate into this prolific Rockets offense/defense next season. I've only recently watched some game film of Dorsey in Memphis, and I really do think, given the opportunity, he can utilize his skills at center to really be a factor on this team. Whether or not Yao is healthy next season, everybody by now should know that we need a backup center who can pick up the slack when Yao is on the bench. I think (/hope) Joey Dorsey can be this guy. This team has shown us time in and time out that they can run with the best teams in the league when they're on top of their game. But obviously we're short at one of the most important positions in basketball and if Dorsey can step up, he can fill this void. He's not a 7-foot giant man-child, but he's big, and given the right environment, he can use his explosiveness to give this team a boost at center. He's still a young guy, and he's proven that he can play at a high level. Just like at Memphis (i go to UH so i watched him up close for a couple of years), he'll have veteran guys who can play. Although he's been on the bench with an unfortunate foot injury, I really do believe that when he's 100% healthy, he can step up and put away a game. Doneskies.

10. lastmanstanding

Well they did sign him to a surprisingly long contract. I'm guessing he's very raw but they project him to develop a lot slower than other players.

11. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Wow....I guess it's a good thing they play basketball then and not MMA.

Seriously, what does this have to do with the price of watermelon in India?

12. beanball75

beanball75 Member

YEAH!? WELL MY DADDY CAN BEAT UP YOUR DADDY!

13. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

it should be illegal for ron artest to shoot the ball, he needs to play defense only.

14. houseofglass21

well then it should also be illegal to pass scola the ball because he can't catch it

15. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I'm guessing this is just some idiot trolling but only children do Judo or Karate.

16. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Oh, so that's a yellow karate gi that he's wearing all the time as he rots away at the end of the bench . . . and all along I thought that was just his warm-ups. He'd have to get on the floor first to even have a chance to piss Ron off.

17. erod

erod Member

LMAO...that was the stupidest thing I've ever read.....

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

*yawn* :rolleyes:

19. pourfavor

pourfavor New Member

I trust the Rockets will show up at home and push it to 7.

20. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

LETS JUST FORGET THIS EVER HAPPENED.

OUR TURN TO RETURN THE FAVOR...