1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 103, Rockets 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2009.

1. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Great game.

I like the way the team stays within its chemistry and identity

Only complaint is I thought there was some effectiveness lost at the end of the 4th qtr with Lowery out, might have liked to have seen small ball with Lowery coming in for Scola, but that is picky

The last possession is just an experience issue.

The more they are in close games in the last seconds they will hopefully understand it is all about execution and determination to win, they did not look confident at all and once Brooks dribbled you could see the defense was going to be physical

Very encouraging - for once I think I can live with the loss :)

2. VanityHalfBlack

1 point loss, not bad at all since we went into overtime without our two main stars...

3. dianap07

dianap07 Member

i was at game and just about had a heart attack. i actually thought he was gonna call a TO and he didn't. next thing i know, the Lakers won. I think everyone was kinda in shock at what had just happened. The crowd was at a hush and all you heard was the cheering of the stupid Lakers fans that were there.

Lots of turnovers, some bad calls, missed free throws. Oh well, we'll get 'em next time. Go Rockets!

Oh and yessss....we boo'd Artest :D

4. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

The Lakers trapping Brooks really kept us from getting in our offense & also forcing the turnovers. One thing I noticed was the officials allowed a lot of bumping on Brooks. Kobe gets the touch fouls & Brooks was getting beat up with no calls. Poor 3 point & free throw shooting were definitely a big factor. When Brooks missed the 2 free throws, I had a feeling that would come back to haunt us. Trapping Brooks may be the way other teams will defend us, so RA & the Rockets will have to counter this strategy.

5. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

The refs last night were horrible, the lakers would be practially beating up our team, no call, you look at Kobe wrong and there was a foul. I guess Stern paid them extra so it wouldn't look bad that the Fakers got beat by a team with no star yet. Sorry to sound mean, but I just want to see one game where the Rockets don't have bad refs. I just hope we kick their butt in LA on the 15th

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have been screaming at the TV all year to not set a pick for Brooks.....just let him beat his man one on one......no pick needed.

DD

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there was no way in hell wunderlich and fraher were gonna let brooks shoot 2 ft's and put the rox up by a point, in position to win the game.

las vegas nevada action.....it's fantastic!

8. sergio

sergio Member

This was an emotional game and it took its toll. Next rematch will be more about basketball and not feelings. Glad this one is overwith.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wrong... there is bad blood between both teams. There always had been some rivalry between the organizations and now because of the recent playoffs bout and the Ariza trade it’s more heated than ever.

One thing I’m watching isn’t Artest and Ariza, which admittedly is only just beginning, but rather the best matchup that’s not as public. Shane Battier versus Kobe Bryant. For years Battier has been one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and one of his favorite things to do is to study his opponent. He’s said that his defense on Kobe is an ever evolving skill and I think it’s because Bryant has evolved to counter Shane’s tactics. Shane will have to find new ways to guard Kobe as he figures out his defense.

I thought it was odd that Kobe went to Hakeem this late in his career to learn post moves, but watching him get close and personal on Battier and take advantage of closer shots made sense. He’s evolving his game so that no one, even Battier, can have an upper hand on him (or on in his face). Shane will counter this somehow and I can’t wait to see what he does.

10. houseofglass21

Hakeem shouldn't have been a traitor and taught Kobe some of his moves.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe was humble and hungry enough to seek help from the legends.

besides Yao, I don't anyone has asked the GREATEST ROCKET OF ALL TIME for help.

12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

This is probably the only reason why I have SOME respect for Kobe. I dont think there's anyone else in the league that's more hungry than him to always excel and get better. He realizes that he's getting older so cant attack the basket like he used to. Just like what MJ did during the end of his career..he turned into to a deadly fadeaway shooter. And who better to learn from than Hakeem - who was known to have excellent footwork!

13. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

That's why he has four rings.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not entirely true. The first one or two he was lucky with be paired up with Shaq. He was a greenhorn then but a young talent.

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You could see the difference between the Lakers and the Rockets.

Lakers are using their $ 40 millions and Rockets' $40 millions are sitting on the bench in street clotches.

1 person likes this.
  16. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Derek Fisher is such a dirty player.. seriously... he belongs on the Jazz. Absolutely no principles on the court and a total lack of respect for the game with his flopping and other tactics..

17. plates300

plates300 Member

exactly. the possession before that resulted in the same thing - brooks getting trapped and turnover. Brooks can beat Fisher off the dribble so there was no need to set a pick. Brooks is going to have to learn how to get out of those traps since defenses now are going to focus on containing him. Tough loss but definitely a good learning experience for the young players.

18. aggie87

aggie87 Member

I also didnt like the fact that Kobe was always bailed out when they were behind in the 4th, by far some of the worst officiating I have seen in some time

19. worzel gummidge

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Didn't get to see the game, but I have a comment or two anyway! Sounds like it was very exciting and fun to watch. It was predictable that Artest and Ariza would try to do too much, but despite his poor shooting for the night, Ariza gave the Rockets a chance to win. You had to know that the Lakers would try to lock down Brooks and you can't help but speculate what might have been if C-Bud had been healthy. I am encouraged by the success of the team and this loss is not discouraging, as long as they keep playing hard. This is a very entertaining bunch. What I have concerns about is T-Mac's return, just don't feel good about it. The developing chemistry is just too good to mess with.