1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Bucks 124, Rockets 112

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. firefive

firefive Member

disappointed。。。

2. ThaBlackKnight

You make a good point, but with last year's team, he helped us get to 22 straight wins, so I can't say that RA has completely failed.

I will say that his substitution patterns are questionable to say the least, but he has coached through the injuries the Rockets have had this year and we are still in decent shape.

However, I don't know what happened to our Defense. Last year, the coaching staff was offended when we used to credit JVG for the Rocket's defense, but with the way they are playing, I'm starting to believe last year might have been a carry-over from the JVG era, atleast defensively.

I think he's done the best he can with the players he has here. This is the first time he's ever had a dominant, low post bigman. Webber was more of a mid range type of player who would occasionally post up, but Yao is strictly down low.

Obviously, JVG and Rudy T. were tailor made to coach Yao. Rudy would make sure Yao touched the ball every time down the court, and JVG did the same, while also toughening up Yao a bit too.

RA needs his centers to be great passers, mobile, comfortable away from the basket, and to be able to knock down perimeter shots with ease. Obviously Yao is capable, but just not comfortable away from the basket.

Tmac is a similar type of player Clyde was (talented, dynamic, can do a little bit of everything star guard). So it was easy for him to coach Tmac, but Yao is a huge part of this team, thats why I think it won't work out. RA really cant use his offense with his starters. We also lack the 3 point shooting as well.

Just players, coaches need the right type of players too. Our role players are RA type of players (Scola, Landry, Brooks, Barry, Wafer, Head), but when our most important players isn't, its tough. Just ask Patrick Ewing what it was like to play for Don Nelson for 1/2 a season.

3. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

we got Deke

4. kejohn

kejohn Member

If Adelman does not shake things up by drastically changing the rotation, such as not starting Battier or Tmac, this team will play .500 ball the rest of the way, which means they finish the season with 47 wins; maybe an 8 seed; maybe not even a playoff team.

Battier once again was a non factor offensively and his defense this year has been poor.

The Rox win with an inside out game because it makes other teams pay for doubling Yao. But with poor 3 point shooters like Alston, Battier and TMac, the other team can totally shut down the Rox offense.

Barry needs to see more playing time as he fits well with Yao.

I do not know why people think Adelman is a good coach; the team is often not mentally prepared nor do they have good game plans. Van Gundy did no worse than this and he had a lot less talent to work with.

The defense under Adelman has gotten worse each year, did the team ever give up 124 points under Van Gundy?

When the Rox won their two championships, they were one of the best defensive teams in the league. I think the final score of game 7 of the Knicks series was 87-84.

Everybody says Adelman is an offensive genius, but I do not see it, and if the defense drops off as much as this, then it does not matter; how many finals did Don Nelson gone to?

5. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Who's a superstar. The only guy close is Yao

6. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

NO DEFENSE!! ADELMAN CAN'T PREACH DEFENSE!! LAST YEAR'S D WAS A CARRYOVER FRM JVG'S WORK. NOW ITS GONE!! :mad: TMAC SUCKS!! EVERYBODY IS BETTER THAN HIM!!! :mad:

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

pathetic.

8. ibm

ibm Member

i agree. imo barry should play when yao is playing, all the time. but adelman obviously is "trying" to find him playing time, still. i'm lost.

the other day when i read adelman was telling them "you guys decide what kinda season y'all want". i was like, what the heck is this? ain't motivating your troops and getting your players prepared each and every game part of a head coach's job description? maybe adelman thinks he's too good for that. maybe he thinks all his players are just like himself - they all can "read and react", on and off the court?

sorry. my first serious rant against adelman since he got here.

9. N2H4

N2H4 Member

that is a shameful game for rockets....look at the guys dressed up on Milwakee's bench....I mean, we were playing Bucks Team 2 with all our so called "big 3" (do I dare to still mention this), and we lost more than 20 points in 3 qtrs....

The whole team played like SxxT tonight....and the coach seemed that he did not even care....

Time to make some serious change....trade someone, fire someone, or both!

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

And Deke is like KG how?

KG is on the court for his team.

Deke hardly gets any playing time.

We need a guy like KG that shows intensity that wouldn't let a talented team like this go down the drain.

11. rocketsallday

rocketsallday Member

No really we reallllyyyyyyyy SUCKKKKKKKKKKK this is making me sick to my stomach I cant wait till football comes around or even the NFL Draft, it would probably be more Exciting than gettin our A$$es handed to us from a worser injury report team, than us, and just an awful team to begin with and we got schooled , man oh man .... by the way Fu*k you T-Mac you made me believe you when you said when you come back youre going to tear S*it up and all youve been doin is takin *****s

12. Natakublaze

Natakublaze Member

Tonight's game analysis

There was a mismatch with Charlie V and Scola

Scola would never go all the way out to cover him for the three which had 5 of 10 in the contest

Wafer is not good, all he does is drive regardless if there are 4 people in the paint and take threes

Yao was terrible this game as he got into foul trouble very early and played only 19 minutes and has 7 points ~ wtf

Artest did well tonight but if you take a look a look at his other performances in closer games, they were atrocious. And he did some very stupid things tonight like Handle the ball and then try to drive in and almost losing it with his awful dribbling, made me sick a little. Or just putting up from three and making it for a change. He tried to go for the steal too many times and let the guy he is defending back cut him to the basket several times.

Tmac did poorly in his shooting as this would be his off night but missing the early dunk was really stupid but he still has 5 asts in 25 minutes

Shane Battier is a non factor for the last few games, bad offensively and doing nothing defensively except get a few rebounds

Dunno about the rest of em cuz i couldn't really watch anymore, started watching 24

13. ibm

ibm Member

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/02/rockets_latest_flop_changes_th.html

jonathan feigen is seriously calling for a trade.

Yao remains untouchable. After that, Monday might be the last bit of evidence needed for Morey to most value those who most reliably play with heart and determination.

Every game offers evidence. The evidence has grown to overwhelming.

Morey has gone from planning only slight tinkering to hoping to be "opportunistic." The idea now has to become to be aggressive. He does not have to trade everyone. There are a lot of guys he probably can't trade, at least not in any deal he would or should consider. But if it is possible to forget the Rockets' latest flop, he should be sure to consider it with every phone call.

maybe i am reading into it too much. but it makes me wonder if yao was implying that he hoped for a trade as well when he said this to feigen -

"Now is not early in the season," Yao Ming said. "It's not 20 games into the season. Now it's 50 games into the season. We're still stuck in here and talk about we still have time to fix it, from first game of the season and 10 games in the season and 50 games into the season. We still talk about we need to fix it."

14. ibm

ibm Member

fran's read -

So where are they?

McGrady's first half of the season diva act that had him in and out of the lineup caused Ron Artest to drift off into his own world where he's now just putting up shots and playing for a new contract and it's created a tear in the fabric of what never has had a chance to grow into a team. The atmosphere, if not toxic, is hardly cohesive as they play -- or don't -- like individuals and trust no one.

They'll keep telling everybody that there are still 30 games left in the regular season, two months to get everyone back on the leash and their house in order. That's called throwing you a bone.

15. Natakublaze

Natakublaze Member

Chemistry is just poor, very poor when Yao is sitting

16. cassidy

cassidy Member

This match really got my goat! :mad: .I hardly can find any words to express my feeling .\|. .I am wondering what they wereing thinking. :mad: We lost the game!To buck!a team without their main players.

It seems that Rox is playing like this these recent games.WIN and then LOST then WIN then LOST .

Can our guys be more stable?

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Been saying this for awhile. That's why earlier, I asked should the rockets give up some production for versitility? I asked about Scola,Head, and Hayes for Charlie V, Elson, and Allen. At the time, Charlie was shooting about 40%, but I was looking at the versitility playing with Yao vs the numbers. The rox don't have a guy at the 4 spot that can play against Charlie V,Lamar Odom, Tim Thomas, Al Harrington type of 4's. They are really 3/4 types that handle the ball like 3's, but have the bodies of 4's. So when our guys sink on defense, they're open and uncontested. When Scolandry plays close, they're to skilled with the ball and can get by in break the integrity of the defense. This isn't the only problem, its just another hole in the dam.

Wafer is not good, all he does is drive regardless if there are 4 people in the paint and take threes

Yao was terrible this game as he got into foul trouble very early and played only 19 minutes and has 7 points ~ wtf

Artest did well tonight but if you take a look a look at his other performances in closer games, they were atrocious. And he did some very stupid things tonight like Handle the ball and then try to drive in and almost losing it with his awful dribbling, made me sick a little. Or just putting up from three and making it for a change. He tried to go for the steal too many times and let the guy he is defending back cut him to the basket several times.

Tmac did poorly in his shooting as this would be his off night but missing the early dunk was really stupid but he still has 5 asts in 25 minutes

Shane Battier is a non factor for the last few games, bad offensively and doing nothing defensively except get a few rebounds

Dunno about the rest of em cuz i couldn't really watch anymore, started watching 24[/QUOTE]

18. Pwnocchio

Pwnocchio Member

I've never been one to shout "the sky is falling", but I felt like I watched a man become a shell of himself in front of my eyes when T-Mac missed that dunk tonight. I think the McGrady era is officially done. This season is really starting to wear me down as a fan.

19. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

i would like trade @-@@@ for nothing .
    Morey is a talent in tactic , but Strategically he is a idiot.

20. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

Emperor @-@@@ had said you guys talked too much .
    ron, yao ,alston ,,,,,,,you and i ,everybody should shut up .
    please listen to the emperor preaching
    carefully and devotionally!