1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Bucks 124, Rockets 112

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rocketsmetalspd

According to the fan feedback show on 610, the host just stated "That no one will want a TMac and his 20 million expiring next season contract". If that is true I don't think the Rockets will make a major move besides trading Head for a pick.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Someone that is trying to get some cap room and make a run for one of the big free agents might unload a couple of talented young players for Tmac to get free cap room.

DD

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Our starters took the sorry pill tonight. Scola,shane and rafer were getting burned and tracy and yao did nothing offensively. Yet, the game was within 2 and rick pulled ron and aaron. That was the game.

4. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

How come people still 'believe' in Tmac?... Like there was ever anything there except a scoring title and 1st round exits. It's not like he's taken anyone to the quarter finals or anything. He needs to go. Yao is still the guy you build around, and he's not going anywhere with the China $ flowing in; that's the reality. Artest is a ?, so he's tradable. Battier is practically invisible compared to last year. Build with Yao, Landry at SF, Wafer, Brooks. Get a real PF, for chrissakes. A real backup Center. New coach also. At this point I would trade Tmac for Marbury.

5. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

But where would that leave us for 2010? I know we're in 'win now' mode, but I'm hesitant to make any more moves that see short into the future...uuhmm shane batt' f'er rud' ga'

6. rocketsmetalspd

DD I hope so but the interview done on Rockets.com with Morey it does not seem like the Rockets will make a major move. I just can't stand it if the team stands pat. It will another 1st round and out and a long Summer once again.

7. ibm

ibm Member

and did adelman go take a dump in the 3rd? where was he when we went from down 6 to 20 with the starters?

like i said, i can't remember when was the last time i saw a starting unit play such a poor game. everyone of them.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ku4Hg1zx_Pk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ku4Hg1zx_Pk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This song reminds me how I feel about Tmac.

'Too many years I done paid the price, why you gotta put all this drama in my life?'

9. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

I am really proud of our guys, they played with heart, specially when 3 of our starters and a superstar are out.
    What! Oooops, sorry guys, I almost forgot I am a Rockets fan, not Bucks fan.

Flash: T-Mac is taking his career to the next level by signing a huge deal with Commets(WNBA). But you dont hear him bragging because he does not believing in talking.

10. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

I think that missed dunk shows why Tmac is scared to leap off that left leg...

11. evonmeng

evonmeng Member

The big three = big jokes

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Where can I see post game interviews?

13. ThaBlackKnight

Our Big 3 just are not a great fit with each other.

It really reminds of me of when Pippen came to Houston. He had already lost some of his game due to back injuries the year before, and without Jordan, he was expected to play like the 94-95 Pippen. He was also expected to be our defensive stopper, but he wasn't that anymore either.

He wasn't the same player, and he really needed more ball handling and off ball movement, which there was not much room for with Dream and Chuck doing their thing down low.

Dream and Chuck knew they just had to take turns in the post, but Pippen didn't know how to play with them. Chemistry on the court wasn't right at all. That experiement just didn't work out. Pippen was just not much of an iso player, he needed to be moving without the ball. Clyde fit, because he was an excellent iso player, so he just took turns along with Dream and Chuck, except, he would be able to attack from the perimeter as well.

I think the same can be said about Tmac and Artest this year. Artest and Tmac have both been struggling with injuries, along with Battier. Tmac needs touches and space to be able to produce at his best. What Lebron was doing the last 3 years, Tmac used to do in Orlando; a 1-4 offense, where Tmac would just create for himself and for others.

When he came to Houston, he incorporated what Kobe did with Shaq, playing some pick and roll and letting Yao establish his game down low.

However, now with a 3rd guy, who likes to isolate a lot, takes bad shots when he's clearly off, and forces shots up to try to draw a foul, it affects Tmac's game. Neither one of them looks comfortable on the court offensively. Add Rafer and Battier's shooting slumps, that makes matters even worse. Tmac has no room and much less touches (not shots), to create.

I'm not placing the blame on Artest by any means, he's doing what has been successful for him in the past; using his strength to create space for shots.
    It wouldn't be fair to Artest to change his game drastically, considering he's been able to score decently the way he plays now. But with this team, Yao HAS to be the first option. He is one of the most efficient players in the NBA.
    Tmac has to be in charge of creating shots for others and for himself, he is the best on our team at creating. Unfortunately, Ron is the 3rd option when those 2 guys are out there, and he has to accept that. Thats his role.

Sometimes its tough. Obviously, Pippen felt he needed more touches, but Hakeem and Chuck were just much more efficient for the team at that time.

Either Artest will accept this or he won't. He'll get his shots, but he needs to focus on finishing the play, rather than trying to start it and finishing it.

Some "Big 3's" just compliment each other perfectly:

Celtics (Pierce, Allen, Garnett)
    Lakers (Kobe, Gasol, Bynum)
    Spurs (Duncan, Parker, Ginobili)
    Rockets (Dream, Drexler, Barkley)
    Bulls (Jordan, Pippen, Rodman)
    Celtics (Bird, McHale, Parrish)
    Lakers (Magic, Kareem, Worthy)

None of those guys played similar to each other. Even if there are 2 big guys, one is more finesse, while the other is all power and a defensive backbone. With guard, one handles the ball more and creates, while the other isolates, and finishes games.

Sometimes, players just don't compliment each other (Shaq and Nash), (Iverson and Melo). It happens. Either Tmac and Ron have to figure something out, the Rockets trade Artest (expiring contract and theres no way Tmac is tradable this season anyways), or we ride it out, and hope that we draw a favorable matchup in the playoffs.

But up to this point in the season, I would say the Ron Artest experiment has failed with this team.

14. jfidd11

jfidd11 Member

i missed it but duz n e one have a video of the missed dunk?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great post, been saying that since before we acquired Artest.

You can not just toss 3 good players together and expect them all to work, complimentary games are very important.

DD

16. gogorocketsno1

wait... with Tmac in, why they still need redd or bogut or ridnour

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

This team need a guy like KG on the team.

18. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

TSlack is a one man wrecking crew! Too bad that it is the Rockets that he is wrecking.

19. verti89

verti89 Member

I'd say the Rick Adelman experiment has failed with this team. I mean everything else aside there is NO way JVG let's the players get away with these kinds of performances. At least when we were disappointed in him it didn't feel like they weren't trying...

We have a system coach and a superstar team...

20. fmp087

fmp087 Member

We were 38-43 from the line while the Bucks were 20-26. We made 18 more free throws then them and still got blow out.

This proves to show our lack of effort, lack of focus and lack of an identity.