1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 103, Rockets 100

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

He needs to be sent to the D-League. That'll bring him down a peg.

2. conquistador#11

That was a very Texans like performance. Why did Rick take out Kmart when he was on fire to rest? He is young. He can handle the overload of minutes.

3. BigBopper

BigBopper Member

How can you say such a thing?!?? This is the most ignorant comment I have seen in a while. K-Mart was lights out!!! Portland played tighter D on him in the final 8 minutes, or whenever he came back into the game in the 4th. they were doubling him as soon as he touched the ball past halfcourt.

You're an ignoramus

4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

They also hold the tiebreaker for Phoenix, and they beat Utah twice already.

They are just the better team with a coach that makes better in-game decisions. They deserve to be where they're at. :(

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is why people dislike RA. The game is played by the players, but the coaches are able to control the flow of the game through substitution, time outs, and play calling. RA is great at getting production out of scrubs, but his late game calling is HORRIBLE. He doesn't call time outs when he needs to, rarely makes proper subs to counter matchup problems, and rarely calls for a right play. When the momentum starts shifting towards the other team, CALL TIME OUT. When Scola and Hill are getting torched by the other team, DOUBLE LA or put Jeffries on him. When Miller made his 2nd bonehead mistake (before tech), sit his ass down. RA needs to wake his sleepy ass.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Without Hayes bumpin' and grindin' in the paint we would be royally ****ed with teams with an elite post presence. Hayes creates spacing on the floor as Yao did (even better because he's an offensive threat) that allowed Scola to operate more effectively. The Blazers have a firesale right? How about Jordan Hill + Luis Scola for Lemarcus Aldridge?

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

It does help when you have a shot blocker but he has Luis Scola and Jordan Hill trying to block shots. Sooooo come up with a better solution instead of bashing the guy.

9. rockmeifyoucan

tank please, front office

10. gah

gah Member

:eek: Only two players in double figures.

11. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Hayes has historically gotten torched by Aldridge. All Rocket big men have historically. Tonight was no different.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just pointing out the hypocrisy my man.....just pointing it out...

DD

1 person likes this.
  13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I was about to reply back saying it wasn't Rick's fault...then I thought about it. It sort of kind of is. How the hell do you not double team Aldridge when he is getting whatever the hell he wants in the paint against single coverage....DOUBLE TEAM HIM! GODAMMIT!

14. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

I don't think anyone who watched Hill get absolutely embarrassed by Aldridge the last two games would trade for him.

15. rjr

rjr Member

HAHAHA! love this

16. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

I'm disappointed with him. His defense have sucked. He can't stay on front and don't fight the screens anymore to stay on front of the player. When we put Lee on a PG is day and night. There is no deference between his defense and AB defense now.

17. Mr. Space City

just looking back at this on dvr, it was just a terrible choke job from the coaching staff to damn near everybody on the team...unbelievable

18. anchel

anchel Member

This one hurted a lot.

Adelman can't draw a last successful play. He can't.

19. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

Coaching isn't the problem with this team, a lack of talent is. Adelman is a Hall of Fame coach. We just don't have great players. It's a bunch of average players, Kevin Martin is above average but if he's your top player, the team isn't going to be very good. He is a #2 or #3 player on a title contender. We need better players.

20. thejav

thejav Member

Face it this team as it is now... without Yao we are just not making it to the playoffs..I agree with the other thread we need to.explode.this.****.. this depression is killing me.. January is going to kill us.