1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post entry passing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codeine, Jan 3, 2015.

1. codeine

codeine Member

It seemed like our post entry passes were much cleaner against the heat than they've been in the past couple games. I seen Pat Bev getting a bit creative with it. Looking at the stats, we still had 16 turnovers which is right around our average so it's not like we had a spectacular game in terms of ball handling. Curious as to what y'all think is the variable change that allows us to feed to post better? McHale definitely was a lot more flexible with the lineups this game which I suspect had something the to do with it.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Yes, the Heat are old, slow, and garbage.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This teams best post entry passer is .... DMo. He cant pass it to himself.

Second best post entry passer is KPap and he doesn't see the court a lot since Smith joined the team.

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Old school basketball.... Barely see that in today's game...

T_Man

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not Smith, Brewer. Brewer took Papa out of the lineup after his injury.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not really true though. Papa was getting a lot of his minutes at the 4 when they'd go small. They made the right move bumping Dorsey out of rotation and replacing him with Papa

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

They had the bench guys do it in the 2nd qtr for Dwight. First, Papa, then Brewer and Terry.

It's easier to give DMo the pass since he can start his move outside the paint. Dwight needs to have the ball when he's 2-3 feet away from the basket. More challenging

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After he came back from injury? I don't think so.

10. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Dwight's Repost was so unexpected...Brought a tear to my eye :grin:

11. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

no you cant talk about this team's post entry passing

12. Asian Sensation

The Heat suck? More specifically their post defense is turrible?

Pat Bev had 2 assists. Right at around his career average and lower than his whopping 3 assists per game average this year. Was Pat Bev really "getting creative with it" or was your mind playing tricks on you?

I like Pat Bev a lot. I really do. But I'd love him as a backup (what he should be). I've said this over and over again. Until we find a traditional PG that knows how to assist and distribute the rock we're not going to maximize our potential as talented as we are.

If we could have a PG that can consistently average even just 5 APG per game it would relieve so much pressure off of Harden and keep him fresh for the playoff stretch. Dwight would benefit from post entry feeds, wing players like Brewer and Ariza would have better 3pt shooting percentages.

Last year Ariza killed it from long range and I'm a firm believer that that was mostly due to Walll getting him the ball at the perfect time, in the precise spot
    more often than not. More time equals more space and precise passes equals better rhythm and position which is a big deal for any player but especially for a player like Ariza who is a spot up shooter whom has difficulty creating his own shot.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Kostas is the team's best entry passes. The second best is Smith at least getting the ball to Howard in the post.