1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Sale Post/Chronicle Papers From Rockets Championships; other Rockets mags

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by boomboom, Sep 24, 2014.

1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I've got a collection of Houston Chronicle and Houston Post newspaper sections from the Rockets' championship years and playoff runs (mid-90's)...plus a number of other Houston-related sports sections from the mid-80's (Astros-related). I need to unload these as (like white lightning before me) I may be relocating soon and alleviating as much excess as I possibly can is desired.

All newspapers have only been folded in half (with the exception of one). All of the magazines are in good condition as are all of the Rockets signage that I pulled from newspapers or snaked from newspaper machines.

Asking $42 plus shipping/handling. Unfortunately, USPS does not consider newspapers or magazines as media mail so there is no super cheap way to ship this. The box is 17" x 12" x 6" and weighs 9 pounds even. I did a quick quote for shipping via UPS and Fedex and Fedex was cheaper (used origination of 89044...here in Henderson, Nevada...and 04101 as the destination...somewhere in Maine...tried to use worst possible shipping distance). From Henderson to Maine, the rate was roughly $18. So...if you're cool with Fedex and you live significantly closer to me than Maine, shipping should be cheaper. Payment via Paypal please. First one to claim and actually pay gets the goods.

Here's a list of everything included...

Sports Illustrated - July 4, 1994 - Houston Rockets Souvenir Issue
    Sports Illustrated - Special Collector’s Edition - Twice is Nice
    Hoop - March 1994
    Hoop - with Tip-Off sheet for Rockets vs. Bucks 2/21/91
    Hoop - with Tip-Off sheet for Rockets vs. Nuggets 11/9/89
    The Astros - September 1988 - Astros vs. Cardinals scorecard included
    Astros Baseball - 1986 - Astros vs. Padres scorecard included
    Astros - September 1987 - Astros vs. Cubs scorecard included

Houston Chronicle - June 15, 1995 - Two-rrific! - includes additional internal section
    Houston Chronicle - June 15, 1995 - Two-rrific! - four sections
    Houston Chronicle - June 23, 1994 - At Last! - includes additional internal section
    Houston Chronicle - April 5, 1987 - Baseball ‘87
    Houston Post - July 13, 1986 - The 1986 All-Star Game
    Houston Post - October 7, 1986 - The Playoffs - two sections
    Houston Chronicle - October 7, 1986 - NL Pennant ‘86 - one section
    Houston Post - April 5, 1987 - Baseball ‘87 - A Job Unfinished - one section
    Houston Chronicle - June 26, 1994 - Rockets Extra - two sections
    Houston Chronicle - Special Edition Insert - Two-rrific! - one section, one page, internal championship poster
    Houston Post - June 23, 1994 - Champ City! - four sections

Houston Post - December 28, 1986 - Today looks at 1986 - one section, double-folded
    Houston Post - August 12, 1984 - Sports/Olympics - Carl Lewis - one section

Everything in the imgur album below should match the above list. If you have any questions about any one of the items or about the collection as a whole, shipping, payment or regrowing eyebrows quickly, just send me a PM.

Thanks for looking!!!

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="//imgur.com/a/AyzZ0/embed"></iframe>

2. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

Is the autograph poster included? Everything in the image included? Because it seems like there are more items in the images than items you have listed.

3. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

I sent you a PM idk if you received it.

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Sorry. Did not get the PM.

Everything in the pics is what you'll get...including the autographed (printed...not actual autographs) poster. :)

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Sent an email.

6. dray

dray New Member

DO YOU STILL HAVE NEWSPAPERS AVAILABLE FOR SALE?

I'm looking for the Houston Chronicle championship newspapers.