1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible trade for LeBron James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoRockets, Jan 23, 2003.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

No way do I want Lebron on this team....no way.

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

If we had him...that would be awesome. But not at the expense of our superstars.

We already have two All Stars and another great NIKE BALLER OF THE WEEK. Our only problem is getting together and playing good every night and playing consistently with a set offensive style. That's all we need. We maybe need another role player...who can shoot and defend.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I think you'd have to look at teams with talent who are going nowhere. Such as milwaukee.

4. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Why not hire John Lucas as an assistant coach?

5. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

....I like your signature.

6. houstonkk

houstonkk Member

If Yao continues with his current sluggish trend, would you then consider trading him for Lebron?

7. carayip

carayip Member

Some people said they are sick of hype. But aren't we all now creating hype for a high schooler in this thread?

:rolleyes:

8. Powerslave

Powerslave Member

Well, we are not assured of a playoff position yet.

If the Rockets miss out on the playoffs :( maybe Steve could pull out another miracle and get us the number one pick.

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

We don't have a #1 pick for 2003. Memphis owns our pick.

10. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Cleveland has to win the lottery for this to even be an issue. Even if they lose every singe game left, it is still not a lock. How did we get Yao?

11. rsl5181

rsl5181 Contributing Member

this is a ridiculous thread. lebron james is completely overrated. i saw him last weekend in greensboro just to confirm my previous opinions. all of his points are on put backs or dunks, simply because he was the tallest person on the court, not to mention the most athletic. his athleticism and passing are great, but the list of negatives is far longer. his ball handling is nothing special by any means, his jump shot is better described as bad (instead of 'decent' or 'good form'), and his overall personality is ridiculous. i cant really comment on his defense, since he acted like he was too bored to be interested the whole game or he was cherry picking the whole time trying to get a fast break dunk in. some of the james family antics include standing in front of the other teams bench during a time out and holding both arms in the air in a godlike posture, yelling to opposing cheerleaders from halfcourt, flashing up 4 fingers in front of a player with 4 fould early on, his mom walking across the court in the middle of the game, just because she felt like she could, to go talk to some dudes. after all, shes 'lebrons mom,' as her jersey reflected. she also taunted HIGHSCHOOL BOYS from the crowd. its clear where he got his classiness front.... the bottom line is that unless this guy works really hard, hes a complete bust. he has incredible athleticism and court vision, but hes extremely raw right now. i understand thats the case with highschoolers, but with the amount of hype this guy has gotten, i was expecting him to be an immediate allstar type player. not even a chance. if i had to guess, he wont average more than 5 points a game next year. kobe is much better than he is. i might trade moochie norris for an a$$hole like him, but who would be our hair guy then?

the rockets have absolutely no chance of trading for him and should have no interest in him. and by the way, the chances of cleveland owning his rights arent all that great

12. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

I like ANOTHER BROTHERs idea. Hire lucas! He is a Rocket. Our guys love him. Lebron apparently feels some loyalty to him. Sounds great. Have Lebron force a trade ala Kobe, Francis...

Mobley, Griff or Taylor, Mooch... for Lebron and whoever...

Whatever it takes to get it done.

Yao, Lebron and Francis.

13. tsl99

tsl99 Member

Lakers is despirit looking for Trade now, nobody in Rockets want to do the business with Lakers?

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

There is no way in hell he only averages 5 pts. next year. :rolleyes:

15. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

As I stated originally, getting LeBron wold be a long shot. Assuming that Cleveland wins the lottto, and with ideas like hiring John Lucas as an assistant, Rockets could improve the odds. When Francis (#2 overall pick) demanded a trade to Houston, what did we have to give up then? Anything can happen in the NBA. But we shouldn't jump and go crazy over this prospect. It is still a LONG SHOT, but still a shot worth taking.

16. Sane

Sane Member

Get real guys. The same people who are saying "Lebron's good because he's playing against highschoolers and he's the tallest" are the same people that overlooked it when Yao was playing in the CBA against MUCH shorter players.

Read em n weep: "As can't miss as can't miss gets."

I would trade any combination of ANYTHING and ANY picks for him and take back one horrible player in exchange for him. Because with Ming, Francis, and Lebron, it will take such a long time to dethrone us. Just as Francis goes into decline, Ming hits his prime. Just as Ming declines, Lebron hits his prime. When Francis is 29, Ming will be 25, and Lebron will be 21, this team could win the championship.

About the only thing that can ruin this, is bad coaching. His coach has to be a disciplinarian. Like a Pat Riley.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

First of all, I can't believe no one commenting on this guys arrogance, saying he is happy about Lucus. Who gives a CRAP Lebron, you're 18. To the post talking about LeBrons family being classless, it takes a lot of class to demean a High School kid's mother.:rolleyes:

Has anyone watched Cleveland. I think they actually have a good team, as far as talent is concerned. Davis is a stud, so is the Center, and Boozer is playing beyond expectations. In the East, they should be doing much better, so to make a long story short, we don't need Lucas. The guy has proven he can't coach.

18. codell

codell Contributing Member

You assume that Cleveland, if indeed they end up with the #1 pick, wouldn't require Yao or Francis in return for Lebron.

You can offer Cleveland all the junk off our roster that you won't. In the end, its not worth the price of a potential franchise/dominant player.

19. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Lucas is bad news. Say no to Lucas.

20. Sane

Sane Member

codell,

You're so quick to be pessimistic about everything, you don't even try to judge whether or not I was saying EXACTLY what you said.

I WOULD trade Cato for Shaq. The point I'm trying to make is that people here are saying things like "Yeah sure, but we won't give them too much" as if to say WE set the conditions. What I'm trying to say is that, if Cleveland even considers it, you give them a pen and let them put down the names they want.