1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Method to Stop the Hack a Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 31, 2013.

1. basketballholic

Who wants to stop Dwight going to the free throw line? I don't. I say give him the ball early and often and force the defense to get in the penalty early. Then let Harden clean up the last half of the quarter.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It has to hit the rim not just backboard. If u know that u didn't explain vey well

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And so you started a thread. Good for you. But where is the analysis of the break even point between Howards FT % and the success of hack a Howard? I could give you that answer but I won't. And it is way lower than you would imagine.

Content please. Don't suck.

4. smr6

smr6 Member

Exactly this. If he can be good enough to aim a ball to bounce a certain direction off the rim, then he would be good enough to just make the freethrow.

5. Precision340

Precision340 Member

practice shooting free throws

6. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Or Dwight can shoot 1000 free throws a day from now til training camp. You theory would work if Asik wasn't just as bad. What do they do? Take turns missing and grabbing rebounds til everyone fouls out?

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when a team used hack-a-Dwight when he was with the Lakers. Stern was saying that the league will do something about it because it's not a good basketball tactic.

Now that Dwight is on the Rockets, the league will do nothing.

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

[youtube]kBcmxhuT24Q[/youtube]

Disqusting, but effective!!!

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

LOL I remember that!