1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Early Retirement for Tracy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch City1993, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

:D

I was going to be a little more diplomatic, but I prefer your approach.

2. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Possible early retirement for Clutch City1993?

3. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Get Juwan to retire may free us some cap space.

4. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Not saying Yao will be Hakeem, but Yao is the dominate Center that fits the same role as Hakeem did

5. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

What does a 70% TMac mean to you, the one who misses 30% of the games a season but performs close to 100% level in the rest of the games, or the one who plays in every game but only at 70% capacity?

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

No he can't, the evidence is overwhelming from this season. At least with these scrubs around him he can't.

As for T-Mac retiring, I think the only way that would be the case is if he's physically unable to perform anymore, which is what I am terrified will happen sooner or later.

7. qwerty

qwerty Contributing Member

Do you mean to a long term contract with the Kings? Or prison?

:D

8. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

but the club paying him 17 millions, and he should be 100% better than any player (except YAO) on the team

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

FIxed that one for you....

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Yo lucky, you cant put OT in there cuz you already got tmac(drexler). OT and clyde were traded for eachother..

11. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Umm, sorry Dr. Clutch City1993, but this is a load of BS. How in the hell would you have any clue as to Tracy's health when he comes back. It's entirely possible he will be 100% healthy and back to his old self.

At the beginning of this season, prior to JVG having Tracy practice with his slightly injured knee and taking a hard spill (landing directly on his back) during practice, Tracy was in the best condition of his life.

As long as we find a decent coach who won't have our slighly injured superstar risking himself in a meaningless practice we'll be fine.

12. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Are you saying that Yao > a healthy T-Mac? I like them both as much as the next guy, but no way is Yao > a healthy T-Mac.

We'll just have to wait and see about T-Mac's health. If you trade him now with his back problem, you might not get anywhere near what you could. If he was healthy, you'd have to be stupid to trade him.

I'm one of those who believe he'll be full stength next season, we'll just have to wait and see.

Assuming he does come back full strength, the NBA is in for a LONG season. ;)

13. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Haha please, im just throwing out a guess. Ban me? Im a contributing member just like the rest of you, showing concern and asking questions to fans that I assume love the game as much as I do. Staying up and watching the replay at 1 o clock in the morning after work, sleeping for 2 hours then going to class. By tattooing the R on my left arm, im branded for life. To be honest, I've read some stupid threads on this site, but I wont name people, because in the end we all got the common passion of bringing a trophy back home. Whether you're a fan on the east coast, west coast, or in our beloved Houston, we are all fans, and for that I wont criticize anybody unless it's just straight up ignorant.

14. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

Wait a minute, you got the current logo branded on your arm? What are you going to do when they change it? Do you have a tatoo of that stupid cartoon Rocket from the old logo as well?

15. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yea and hell no, of course I knew its going to change over time, so I thought about it and i picked the current logo becuase to me it resembles the rebirth of the organization. I was only 4 when they won their championships so even though I knew what was going on it wasn't heart felt. Now that im graduating high school, I get to go to games, read, understand, and relate to the team and I feel closer to the them. I even got my girlfriend back involved in the Rockets. That's why.

16. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Well it still wasn't smart to throw out the percentage. Maybe you could have said "might not be what he used to" or something along those lines.

Plus, there is much evidence as to why T-Mac's back is killing him this season. Possible solutions are to either lose the weight and/or rest up this offseason. I'm not sure which one, but I'm believing that T-Mac will be back full strength next season.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

alias?

18. haven

haven Member

Given that you only have 9 posts and that you're posting absurdly negative, you're probably a troll.

Don't feed the troll.

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I doubt he is a troll. It's hard not to be negative with a season and a (now) roster like this.

Just made a dumb assumption.

Don't let it stop you from posting.

20. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

^^and this is the same guy that wouldn't mind the Mavs winning a championship.