1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the WEST FINALS Game 3 -- Can the Timberwolves get back in this? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Possibility: David Lee?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treeman, Jul 1, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We have no problem scoring. We have a problem defending, and I don't even like Smith.

2. psk

psk Member

exactly

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And you my friend, have no vision.

4. treeman

treeman Member

Eh, just a hypothetical. I'd value defense over offense at this point as well. I want us to get Dwight. I am just trying to think of other options if that falls through. It seems to me if that doesn't pan out then we turn to addressing our most pressing need - for a dominant PF. I am cool with Asik going forward and us adding stars in other positions, but PF needs to be addressed first.

We can always stand pat and wait for future opportunities, I am OK with that with our current (recently modified) roster, too.

5. PinkEwe

PinkEwe New Member

Thing is, if you offer us for David Lee, what's there to give? Asik is a nice player, but by the end of this offseason we'll have either Dwight or Bogut at C, so Asik isn't really needed. Maybe re-routed to a 3rd team?

6. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

If we don't get Howard this year, let's try again next year! Third time is the charm!

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

David Lee would be terrrible on this team. Especially in the way the OP is suggesting we get him. You really think Lee and Harden will beat anyone good in the playoffs?

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wouldn't be surprised if his fickle ass demands a trade to us after watching our team stomp the Lakers or Mavs.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What are you talking about? What was all that going on in the playoffs?? Defense was the reason that series went to 6.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Lee would not have been injured, the Warriors would have gone further than they did.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Are you really trying to argue that we were a good defensive team?

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Better than we were during the regular season.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So....6 games, 4 of which Westbrook was out, are enough to convince you we're fine on defense?

Not sure I agree with that. The much larger sample size says that were were a very poor defensive team, and a very good offensive team.