1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Positivity Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Windchime, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Windchime

Windchime Member

I understand a lot of people are really angry about today's game. I am too. I just threw a tearful tantrum and all, but lets try to look at the bright side here.

Sometimes it's all about perceptive. Remember all the projections in the beginning of the season? How we are supposed to be the bottom of the west, maybe win 30 games? Compared to those projections, this season can't be called anything but a success.

This team is really young and ridiculously inexperienced. Entering this season, the entire 15 men roster combined for less minutes played in the NBA then a lot of players have in this league. A lot of people seems to think that young and inexperience is an excuse, it really isn't. I think we should be grateful that this team actually made it into the post season. Who can honestly say that they expected that at the start of the season?

A lot of people are (justifiably) angry at the way the season closed. Dropping from 6th seed to 8th seed in a span of two games (including one against Phoenix) will get a lot of people down and OKC is just the worst possible match up for us as well. Let's try to look at the bright side here. We aren't going anywhere this post season. We are not winning the first round against any of OKC, Spurs, or Denver. If we keep that in mind, the most important thing the team gets in this series is experience, experience of the situation, the environment. I think having the team play against a worst possible match up in a play-off environment would do wonders for the growth of the team. I'll be extremely glad if the team just show marked improvement each game.

That being said, I understand that many people think that if we make some noise in the play-offs we'll be a more attractive free-agent designation, namely for Dwight Howard. Can I say that I don't think it matter each way? And really, who says we can't make some noise against OKC? Sure, it'll be harder, but it would also be much more impressive if the team accomplishes it no?

Anyways, the point of the rant is that it's been an extremely disappointing few days, and I think this disappointment may have made us forget how much of an accomplishment it already is for this team to be in this decision and maybe in the grand scale of things we should be grateful and happy.

So how about we start listing all the great moments of this season and all the things we have going for us going forward and try to all feel better so we'll be energized for the play-offs. Who knows if this team will surprise us once again like they've done many times this season?

3 people like this.
  2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Exactly, making the playoffs makes this a successful season. Bottom line!

I think even if we miss out on Howard, we'll be contenders next year. As long as we sign a PF that can be an allstar caliber player (Josh Smith, maybe)

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

True, we made the postseason without our secret weapon, the Winnebago Rim Shot White.

That is already a success.

4. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Everyone had low expectations coming into the season so for the most part, our team has exceeded them.

However as the season progressed we readjusted our expectations on the basis of how well we were performing.

Looking back on the season in hindsight, it is a disappointment to be finishing 8th seed behind the Lakers when by most measures and opinions by All-Star break is that we should be aiming for the sixth seed.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I want to be positive... I really do...

6. ahhh

ahhh Member

Les will pay up to get McHale fired. Need a good replacement though...

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Watching all the remaining Rockets games on TV. I may watch the Finals, if Lebron and his cohorts play, but I won't be glue to the TV. And I do now want to see TMac against Rockets, the 13 points in 33 seconds still lives in me.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

for some reason, this thread really makes me mad.

I usually like "Positivity Threads" (back in the day, Clutch once grouped me and others as Sunshine Ass Fans, lols)

But these threads are for the regular season.

WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS

You want to start a Positivity Thread...then say it....in FREAKING ALL CAPS

GAME 1 BABIES, ARE YOU READY

that's how you do it. Get out of the past. bring it!

1 person likes this.
  9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Our team is done! Until we get that franchise player, we'll always be mediocre. I say we blow up the team and start from scratch! I am so tired of being stuck in basketball mediocrity with no direction whatsoever! So sick and tired of us having to pick in the middle of the draft while barely missing the playoffs!!!

Wait what? ..Man, i think i just had a 2011-2012 flashback. Disregard this post. Sorry.

1 person likes this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Fixed

11. wincan459

wincan459 Member

I disagree.

Prediction is just a prediction and it wrongs all the time.

The season proves Rockets is a good team and it should play as such. It is not a problem the team loses games but if a game is played badly, we should identify the causes and improve. It's not point fingers or guilty someone, but if we don't look for the causes and improve, we will make the same mistakes again and again.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I get that we already accomplished more this season than we could have hoped for, but after watching the last couple of games....

Poo on your positivity thread. Poo

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I don't know about you guys but despite the bad finish, this season as a whole has already been mission accomplished for our young squad. I've said this many times but fans should not stray away from the BIG picture. We're in this for the long haul. Be patient. We are just on season 1 of our rebuilding phase and we've already made it to the post-season!

Why isn't this enough for you? Did you really have this team going deep into the playoffs when you first saw our roster and given how this team was formed? We are very YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED and you and i know that there will be a lot of games like this. It's all part of the development.

1 person likes this.
  14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Sometimes though, when perception becomes reality, it becomes VERY frustrating. I like to think I'm one of the calmer and more rationale members of this board, but the game today illustrated of the frustrations that alot of fans have felt for the vast majority of the season. If SA didnt lose the top seed, we continued playing decent, we'd still play okc with the 2v7 seed. But it was painful to watch.

15. kreia

kreia Member

It seems people have forgotten that we actually have a team IN THE PLAYOFFS. Ok, so they dropped the ball, like we haven't seen that before, but who cares about the regular season? I'm ready to see some rockets in the playoffs for the first time in a LONG time. Everyone can go away and sulk about how this team is fool's gold or whatever, I don't care. The happy fans will be the ones that are excited about the next couple of weeks, and the next few seasons.

16. VanityHalfBlack

F with what yall said, I got my Rockets in 7 baby!!!

17. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oShTJ90fC34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

I voted Rockets in 5.

Anything can happen. When you want to dream, dream big. Even if only half is realised - we will still be at least winning 2.5 games.

Yeah, this is a team sport, we will play hard, forget the smoke screen set up in the last two games.

Go Rockets go! This time last year was much, much worse. This year we are in the playoffs!

BRING IT BABY! :grin::grin:

19. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

brah this is a positivity thread
    [​IMG]