1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Positivity thread!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htownhero, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Tired of the constant bickering, negativity and general blahness in the GARM lately! Here we talk about what we're happy about.

If you want to complain, do it in any of the other billion threads that are littering the board!

I'm happy that
    1. Houston finally has a player that we can put in the discussion of MVP candidates and not be blind homers!
    2. We're going to make the playoffs with a VERY young team! That doesn't happen very often, we should be enjoying it!
    3. We're the Houston F-ing Rockets, we should be glad every freaking day over that!

What are you happy for?

1 person likes this.
  2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I'll play.

The first thing I though of was that Stockton and Malone never won rings.

I'm old and bitter.

3. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

C'mon... Someone is tryin too hard, this doesn't add any value either to the GARM other than kumbaya chanting.

4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

You do know what positivity means right?

On a side note its great to see you venturing into new threads.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

1. We got Harden!
    2. Our players are not d!cks, mostly!
    3. We're above 500!
    4. Harden, Parsons, Asik, Lin and many more are still improving!
    5. This style of play is more fun to watch!
    6. I can watch every game over the internet, which was not possible in the past!
    7. The board is separated into different threads, so people who fixate on one player generally cluster in spots like bees on empty soda cans.
    8. Clutch runs this board.

6. conquistador#11

lowry>brooks!
    no, brooks>lowry!
    no, dragic>lowry
    no, lowry> dragic

ahhhhh.

I'm happy that we're young and though we're under achieving, this can be great experience for the kids going forward.

7. dchoye

dchoye Member

Remind me what GARM stands for?
    The forum in general?

8. dookiester

dookiester Member

are we really underachieving though? this is the youngest team in the league. chandler parsons and greg smith are our most tenured players. this is essentially an expansion team - everyone's first time playing with each other - and the fact that we're even in contention for a playoff spot is, in my opinion, an over achievement. i get the disappointment that passionate fans feel - i thought that bucks loss was the worst loss i've seen in a long time - but you have to keep things in perspective. we weren't going to win a championship their first year together. all i want to see this year is players developing, learning to play with each other, tapping into their immense potential, and have some fun watching it all happen. people ought to take a chill pill after every loss and win and understand that this first year is just a building bock. all of our players are talented (yes even t-rob) - just give the youngest team in the league some time to find their way.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This isn't a thread about Carl b****ing. That's a plus lately.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If the playoffs started today we are in and Tony Parker got hurt last night. It's not positive for his health but it is for our chances to win granted he'll be ready for playoffs. We have a good, young team. Aaron Brooks can help offensively and defensively we are just young lol.

11. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Yes, Game Action & Roster Moves

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it's light years more entertaining than last season and the season before that....where making the playoffs was the ceiling.

this is a young team with a young star, both of which i expect will improve over the next 5 or so seasons.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

1: Roster improving - Check
    2: Team overachieving the preseason projections - Check
    3: Going to make the playoffs for the first time in 4 years - Check
    4: Team effort and unity? - Check
    5: Assets and cap space in the bank - Check
    6: Super star franchise player in the fold - Check
    7: Clutch Fans community elated at the results - Check

Oh, wait. Number 7 is a complete and utter lie. Whoops.

14. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Positive?

We have a solid group of young players all of whom seem to have star or near super star potential along with a rising superstar in James Harden.

We are also playing above what was expected of us before this season and a playoff run is a great test to see which of our players work and if this current coaching staff is good enough to give us the push given we are soon upon the end of the head coach's contract and to know what moves are going to be needed to push us over the contending Western conference competition

15. cml750

cml750 Member

I am happy we finally have a young superstar to build around. I am happy we have a young team that is competing right now. I am happy we have a bright future with the potential to contend for a title in the next few years. I am also happy that we may finally not have the 14th pick in the draft (I was getting tired of our "groundhog day" draft scenario).

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm happy that we have a young team that has performed better than any sane person could have ever hoped for. And I am happy that we have a coach that somehow gets a very young team to play winning basketball, although we have had a major trade just before the season started and then again at the trade deadline. Amazing performance by the coaching staff.

#16 Rip Van Rocket, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am happy without a reason

18. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I'm happy we hold the tiebreaker over both the similiarily-struggling Warriors and Jazz while keeping a manageable 2.5 game lead over the Lakers.

19. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

I am happy I am still alive.:grin:

20. showa13

showa13 Member

After being stuck on the mediocracy treadmill for years, we finally have direction.

This team is incredibly young, and can only get better.

James Harden.

Cap space to go shopping.

A GM and owner who aren't complete idiots and are willing to roll the dice in an attempt to make the team better(unlike a certain Houston sports)

And seriously people, this team is in a great position right now, but the way everyone argues here you would think this team is a bottom feeder. I guarantee most other teams' fans would love to be in our position. Be thankful you're not a Kings, Bobcats, Suns, or Wizards fan.

I'm still happy bout the 45 point win in Utah too :grin: