1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[positivity] I still believe.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Apr 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Might as well play Daniels

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

;)

3. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

He would not be given the opportunity to play like that. A lot of coach would have denied the ball from him, and make the other Trailblazers score points.

It is simple like that.

What did he do? Jumpers after jumpers. A few offensive rebounds. Plant Howard under the basket (no help defense), use double team to deny LMA the ball. Take him out first.

Let's see if others can beat us. Anyone with the rightful mind will do it to see what will happen. If not working, adjust again. 7 games, you adjust in between games and halves.

Serve what's not working to LMA again and again, you make him God. That's what our stupid coach did.

4. sn09

sn09 Member

I actually think we'll win Game 3 and even perhaps steal Game 4. Playing at home can sometimes be more daunting than playing away, especially for young stars. I felt that Harden was tentative and making uncharacteristically stupid decisions, partly because he felt the pressure of being 'expected to win'.

I know i know, i'm almost irrationally optimistic....

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

If we had experienced coach with good coaching staff I would have said yes, but look at the coaching staff and tell me in straight face that you still believe we will come out of this **** hole.

6. Clarinetmonster

No I think you're right - I was worried when we were favored - the underdog mentality can be a strong motivator, as it has been for Portland. Now we are the underdogs. I think tomorrow is a likely win, unless LMA beasts yet again. The series, I'm not so optimistic about.

7. Andrew Wiggins

If there is one thing ive learned from watching the rockets in the last 20 years it is dont get your hopes up. Houston teams will always let you down and if there is a problem/weakness it will never stop and continue to be exploited by other teams and magnified in the playoffs.

I cant share your optimism. I am expecting 3-0. It would be nice to be 2-1, but i just dont see us winning the next 2.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Harden shows up, wouldn't surprise me at all to see us win the next 2. If he doesn't, we have no chance.

9. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

Finally, something worth reading.

10. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

All i can say is 2005 Dallas vs Houston playoffs

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We've beaten Portland before in the first round

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aZtxQkay0ac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Those two games, notwithstanding LMA's unworldy performance, we were still in it at the end. We could have won those games if we had not committed dumb but correctable mistakes.

So breathe, have fun. It's just basketball. You've done it all your life. Play together, play smarter. And ignore your coach once in a while and have those on-court huddles to talk strategy.

13. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

If we win tomorrow, we'll only be 2-1 down. Same as Indiana and possibly the Spurs.

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

Finally, some optimism around here.

15. RCPM

RCPM Member

I have a Damn good feeling this morning!

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I also still believe, I really think we are the better team. And do think we can win 4 of the next 6 games. However we have to play better and with more passion, and Harden has to be as clutch as he was in the regular season.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

bright side

Mighty OKC and Spurs have not been playing well either

18. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/OdpoLpclAXo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/OdpoLpclAXo?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

;)

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not to pick on you, but I never understand this argument. It's like saying we could easily be up 2-0 if we had won the first 2 games.

That said, I actuallly have a good feeling about tonight. I think (hope) the Rockets will come out angry tonight and win. Then Portland could really feel the pressure in Game 4, knowing that if they lose, they're right back where they started again.

Still think we'll lose the series, but I have a good feeling about tonight.

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want to believe.

The Wizards have a better shot of winning it all than we do though...