1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[positivity] I still believe.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Apr 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. dznutz

dznutz Member

only linsanity 2.1 can save us

2. downbytheriver

Isn't that a Whitney Houston song? Cld have been a bit more original!

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I believe! If the Beard can get hot and Aldridge can cool down I don't see why not!

4. ribbit

ribbit Member

Nice to see this kind of thread. Preparing for the worst, though.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

It's quite telling of our fan base where the Harden & McHale hate threads are pages long & the 'I Believe' thread is just into its second page.

6. NotChandlerParsons

Me too buddy. Go Rockets.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Normally I'm an optimistic type.

But not this series, I just know whatever minor adjustments McHale may make, if any, will be immediately counteracted. You can't win in the postseason when your coach is so grossly overmatched.

I knew McHale was a liability, but I never imagined he was this clueless.

8. askball

askball Member

Let's not forget we "shocked" Dallas in 2005 by winning the first two games at the AAC before losing in seven. We too were seen as the lesser team (like Portland) and went into Dallas with nothing to lose. Then the "superior" Mavs came to Toyota and stole games late and turned the tide in the series.

Who's to say we can't do the same thing to Portland? All season one of our strengths had been closing games. We've stolen games left and right. Why can't we steal game three in Portland and return the favor?

If we can somehow find a way to get Harden going I think the Rockets will find some of their mojo. And I truly think going on the road will be a nice relief for Harden and the rest of the team. We'll see. I haven't lost faith yet.

9. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

It took a scorching Aldridge to win close games... I'm sure he wouldn't be this hot. Some players actually play better on the road because the jeering crowds motivate them, and actually feel more pressure to deliver when the crowds are behind and cheering them. I really really really doubt he would score 40 again in this series, unless the previously known as All Star Aldridge suddenly catapults himself to beyond superstar status to legendary status among one of the best ever to play the game. Just would find it very hard to believe. He may get 28-35 pts in every game the rest of series... but I doubt he'd stay this hot again.

The Rox lost these first 2 games MAINLY because Aldridge was unconscious and unreal. It won't stay long, meaning, the Rox will have greater chance to win the next ones.

10. Clarinetmonster

Trying to be positive - my memory of the body language by Harden last night is killing that positivity.

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I'll stop believing if Portland wins 2 more games.
    Until then we got this.

12. Unstable

Unstable Member

Yes, I still believe,

Rockets have had a history of being able to come back from 0-2 before in 1993-94.

So I believe we can do it again.....

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Need more:
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

14. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

We spotted them 2 games just to keep it interesting. Go Rockets, I believe!!

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Harden can wake up and this team can find a soul....maybe we can win tomorrow.

16. nomangame

nomangame Member

This is what it truly means to be a fan...always with your team no matter what and not giving a damn about any troll comments, negativity, etc.

17. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

We still got this I believe. Portland been playing their best brand of basketball and we haven't we still can turn this series around.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I see you creeping towards cautious optimism ;)

If we win tomorrow, we're in the same boat as OKC and Indy. One game at a time.

19. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

We may have won the last 2 without Harden, and with LA in the god mod.

I mean without Harden Blazers is still beatable, Harden will bounce back, and so will McHale.

We can pull this to game 7.

20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I wish I could believe you. Fact is: no Harden, no defense, no momentum, no bench (portland outscored our bench 30-9 gm 2), no coach (Mchale has no game plan or able to make ANY adjustments in 2 games except for "twin towers)" and no DESIRE (botched assignment gm 2 on made free-throw leading to layup to put portland out of reach). They need this first round exit to mature them a bit. I hope they prove me wrong (my positivity).