1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Positive Optimism|Rockets may not be as bad as people think

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jul 4, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Iggy is definitely back. He's under contract still and they aren't giving him up.

Curry
    Thompson
    Durant
    Green
    Pachulia

but they'll go

Curry
    Thompson
    Iggy
    Durant
    Green

A LOT and will destroy teams with that lineup.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Definitely although I am waiting to see what they'll do when teams throw size and rebounding against them.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

In a season where literally EVERYTHING went wrong for the Rockets, particularly from a chemistry standpoint, the Blazers finished a whopping THREE GAMES in front of them. Their only offseason addition of any significance has been Evan Turner (a 10-ppg scorer with a PER of 13). Gerald Henderson is gone, and it's quite possible that they could also lose more small contributors (Harkless, Leonard, Crabbe are all FAs).

Yeah, some "Realist" you are placing this 44-38 juggernaut in the West's upper tier.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Homer alert!!!1!

:grin:

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think they are bad, just not contenders.

DD

6. justtxyank

We agree on something!

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We'll be battling the Jazz for the last spot.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think the 5-8 spots will be comprised of Houston, Portland, Utah, and OKC, and I think you can make a case for any order, honestly.

9. justtxyank

Eh.

I think Blazers, Mavericks, Thunder, Rockets and Jazz will all be battling for the final 3 spots with maybe the Timberwolves as the "new Jazz" that is right at the bubble.

10. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

They did that replacing 4 starters. You don't think that creates chemistry issues?

11. dje243

dje243 Member

Dude. This. Hit the nail on the head for me. I don't get all the pessimism. Are we going to be true contenders? No, but really there are only 3 teams that are in this messed up league: GSW, CLE, and SAS. Ultimately we're in the same boat with the rest of the league. But if they can just have a good year, build chemistry with a clear vision and philosophy... I'll be satisfied. Plus I think we have young underrated talent on this team. It could be much much worse.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Agree. Especially the part where KD has ovaries

13. chandlerbang21

Jazz just got another veteran player Boris Diaw. Basketball IQ through the roof. I hope he doesnt mentor the jazz bigs lol

14. chandlerbang21

I just want to see harden expand his game to screen shooting and actual post moves . A simple post stepback or fade away jumper is all i ask.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

True, however it's clearly the wrong vision and philosophy..all offense will not win you anything. It's just another McHale move where we have to wait another 3-4 years before we might get a coach emphasizing defense and by then we will have lost Harden.