1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Portland's announcers are literally the WORST in LEAGUE HISTORY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 25, 2008.

1. big11

big11 Contributing Member

Those two are the worst announcers that I'd came across. They were boring to listen to, bias and racist. One of them should get fired for making racist comment. Somebody need to report this to the NAACP.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You got that right.

3. sphinxyy

sphinxyy New Member

Are you kidding me?
    Zhang Wei Ping, the CCTV5's annoucer, said that "this is a real Super Star " after Tmac made the clutch 3 in 4th qua

4. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Cooler heads, people. Were they ignorant? Definitely. Racist? Unproven.

And no, the Yao/English comment doesn't qualify. To me, they were miffed Yao wasn't getting T'd up for his demonstrative complaining, so they made a lame attempt at humor to explain why. They could have just as easily said that same comment about a white Euro or Russian player that didn't speak the language, so stop assuming it's race.

Let's just enjoy the win.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

I disagree. Over the years they have said very nice things about Yao and the Rockets. I kinda like them. If the home team announcers are not homer not, they probably will be fired. Bill Worrel is probably the biggest homer there is, and I am sure you love him.

On Yao not talking in English, I am pretty sure they meant Yao didnt curse in English.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am not bothered by homerism. I absolutely hate arrogance. Sean Elliot of the Spurs is the worst in that regard. The Hornet's announcers too. I dont think NO is an elite team yet, so we will see.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ummm, no they are much worse. They aren't only big homers, they are racist hicks and they don't know much about the game at all.

They think the blazers are a contender and man, they just don't know anything .

8. cavevato

cavevato Member

Now you wont get a Tommy point :(

9. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clyder is 10000000000 times better than them!!!

10. ABTRocketfan

ABTRocketfan Member

Clyde is horrible, but not biased. I think the bucks guys are fine Boston's guys shouldn't be aloud on League pass the are so biased its scary. Portland's guys were terrible tonight "And we thought New Orleans complained a lot." Whats the big deal about coming back from a road trip anyways??

11. Sextuple Double

It seems that many people in the league still not used to seeing Yao get a whistle his way. It's still a shocking development(esp to the majority of refs) that indeed Yao CAN be fouled and earn free throws.

12. MFW

MFW Member

You're full of ****.

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I knew that dude was lying. I wonder why hes making up things like that.

14. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

cheater!!b**** !!

wo wenhou ni quanjia nvren!

15. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Yeah they sucked ... it was about my last thought before falling asleep last night. :) Nate clearly had given their bigs carte blanche to hook Yao's arms, and their announcers never saw even one, and even claimed once 'they were both going after the ball'. :rolleyes:

I'll give them props for speaking highly of Rocket talent, esp Yao and TMac.

16. marciagong

marciagong Member

He is better than the others, did you ever listen to Yang Yi?

17. marciagong

marciagong Member

You know they did that while Tmac was out for injury (I was talking about Yang Yi and some Local TV commentator), and they don't praise Yao as much as they used to. CCTV has dropped a lot Rockets games this year, probably because they favor the Bucks right now.

18. marciagong

marciagong Member

I stopped listenning to them a long time ago cause I can't stand their bias. I appologise if they are not doing it any more.

19. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Agreed; they were really bad. The officials were horrible too. Blew calls on both sides.

20. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

你这人可是真不要脸啊!你是在说T-MAC受伤期间的转播吗?从上下文看,明显说的是这场比赛!
    T-MAC的受伤就不能说吗?T-MAC是你爹吗?就是你爹,做错了,也不能说?YM如果也象T-MAC那么散漫,中国大多数的球迷同样可以指责YM.