1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Portland's announcers are literally the WORST in LEAGUE HISTORY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

One of them made a racist remark about how Yao was complaining in Chinese, the man speaks English pretty well and I don't think he's cursing in Chinese to the refs.

2. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

IMO the bucks guys are quite decent. They are objective too, often agree to calls made against the Bucks or disgree calls for the opponents.

3. FFz

FFz Member

LOL Boston annoucers did the same thing against the Twolves!

4. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Well, tonight they must have just been on their 'A' game, cause they were tossing around a ton hot garbage, and trying to pass it off as perfume.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tommy is not too bad. At least he won 2 rings as a coach and was Coach of the Year. He is a homer, but not stupid like the Portland guys.

6. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

The Portland announcers just got off a 6-game road trip; they clearly were not at their best... :D

7. Ashes

Ashes Member

Absolutely, I was looking for a thread like this. I also have League Pass and had to sit through this. They also had no knowledge of the game whatsoever. I can't believe they said Chuck Hayes could hit a 15 foot baseline jumper for God's sake. Racist comments, constant b****ing, whining, and extreme self "jock-riding".

8. Rocketman2002

Rocketman2002 Member

I gotta agree Boston and Portland is tops when it come to bad announcers.
    I notice the Yao comment also and was like wtf, and these guys are paid to said this crap?

9. marciagong

marciagong Member

You guys are so luck that you don't have to listen to the Chinese commentators, cause all they do is constantly praising Yao and bashing Tmac.

10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Too bad the Rockets didn't really crush Portland tonight to shut those two idiots up. I did notice they got a lot nicer when they realized their team was going to lose.

11. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Yeah they loved Shane, even commenting they would be really happy if they benched Shane and left Tmac out there. They kept saying Battier was shutting down Brandon Roy. Almost the only positive comments they made about a Rocket all night.

Anytime the Rockets did anything they said Blazers were tired. Was really nice to get the win and hear them squirm.

12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Bill and Bull are some big homers too ya know. :)

13. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Someone make sure to get a youtube clip of that Comment...i was watching and was pissed. Im going to send their bosses a nice email.

14. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

ah, today i was wondering what happened to Chris Andersen... so he's suspended?

15. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Beat me to it.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Everytime when a Portland player fouled a Rockets player, the announcers would first saythat it was afoul on the Rockets then would correct themselves after the refs decission, but would still continue witha theme that it really went the other way.
    With five mins to go, even though the game was still up for grabs the pOrtland announcers started making excusses for their team, almost as though they were laying the foundation for a possible loss. They must not have any faith in their team!! :p

17. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

those guys were horrible. were these the same guys last year?

at least bill and matt provide comic relief and not racists cracks and excuses for losing.

18. mackomon

mackomon Contributing Member

The video clip of the racist comment needs to go to the NBA office so these SOB's can get suspended. Racism should not be tolerated at all, whether Asian, African-American, European, etc. So the clip should not just go to the idiots' bosses, but to the NBA central offices as well. If the clip was supported and submitted by the Asian community, even better.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Actually, they are fair. So are the Seattle, Milwaukee, Indiana, Los Angeles, New York, and many other team's announcers. You are always going to hear a little bit of a bias, so that's expected. I have League Pass and have watched multiple games, including those other than the Rockets. And the worst by far are Boston and Portland. Extremely biased and intellectually dishonest with their rhetoric. They stink, period, no 2 ways about it. Phoenix announcers are pretty annoying, too- I think that's a trickle-down from D'Antoni, possibly the most overrated coach and the by-far biggest whiner in the history of the NBA (sorry, had to go Bill Walton there).

20. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

lived in Chicago.. Bulls announcers are bad too.. homers but pretty dumb too. also dry