1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Portland in advanced talks to send Gerald Wallace to New Jersey

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Remix

Remix Member

Damn top 3 protected pick. If Portland gets the number 4 or 5 pick they will come out like bandits

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wait is this NJ's own pick this year? In that case it wouldn't be that high with the addition of Wallace.

3. arjun

arjun Member

went from new jersey gave up nothing for wallace...to new jersey gave up TOO much for wallace

...within minutes

4. cod

cod Member

The Nets might even catch up to the Knicks now.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Big difference between top 14 protected and top 3. Portland got a STEAL if that's a lotto pick.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

they could have drafted mkg to do what wallace does

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Really?

They're #6 pick right now.

Only 4 games out of the playoffs in the East. Hopefully Wallace makes them good enough this year to overtake the Knicks!

8. arjun

arjun Member

Nets should trade for Jamal Crawford

Lopez
    Humprhies
    Wallace
    Crawford
    D.Will

not bad...could beat out knicks and bucks for playoffs even with lopez out.

9. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Funny thing is, the picture still works, even if now the Nyets have massively overpaid...

10. allanivan

allanivan Member

OMG I would love to have that pick, do u think we could have offer something better than Wallace from our roster except Lowry? May be Martin and Scola. I know that is not our team direction. I am just saying that pick is worth a lot of more than Wallace and he is not going to help that team get into playoff. I hope I am wrong, and cross fingers for our NY 1st round pick

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

wow, portland got a juicy lottery pick in this loaded draft for a post-prime declining-shooting gerald wallace?

portland owned nj in this deal.

if nj doesnt get dwight in the end, then its gonna be a huge pile of mess when they move to brooklyn.

though signs point to everyone that dwight will join the nets when they move to brooklyn

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I've read a few articles that are suggesting that Wallace was acquired because Orlando had shown interest in him. I'm not sure how this is going to work out for NJ. They could end up with two stars or they could end up with nothing. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. That's an awful lot to give up for Wallace.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not sure if you guys are underestimating G. Wallace's impact on the Nets. One of the main reasons they have been horrible is because they don't have a good SF. Now, they have an above average one in G Wallace who complements their backcourt rather nicely:

D Williams
    Anthony Morrow
    Gerald Wallace
    Kris Humphries
    Brook Lopez

w/ Marshon brooks, Sean Williams off the bench.

^Seems like it could edge out NYC for the last playoff spot to me. Still, its definitely curious to me they got so little for their pick+Okur's expiring, I'm pretty sure we could have offered a better package, Kmart+Morris seems like a better deal to me.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They will also have to edge out a newly reinfoced Milwaukee team. It can be done, but won't be easy. At the very least, they probably will improve somewhat in the standings, making the pick they gave up a late lotto pick.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IqQt01uFXyc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IqQt01uFXyc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The whole Dwight Howard situation now just once again confirms how ****ing stupid it was that Billy King traded this ****ing pick for a ****ing half season rental of Gerald Wallace.

Dwight Howard wouldn't have to throw tantrums about not going to Houston if the Nets are also in a position to offer that lotto pick plus whatever else they have.

And boy was I wrong about Wallace's impact. I thought they'd at least get closer to making the playoffs. They ended with with the 6th draft lotto position.

17. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

I feel sorry for Nets Fans

SMH

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

im currently thanking billy king for being an idiot and letting us in the sweepstakes...

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Now I must know what daddy got her!!!

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

How did I completely miss this thread?
    I had no idea Gerald Wallace got traded until I saw this thread... started in March. Lol.