1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Popular Movies That You Hated and Movies that You Like That Most People Hated

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by plutoblue11, Jun 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This makes me sad to read. But I guess I can kind of understand it, depending on your age.

I mean, I was a kid when IV came out, so it was literally a life-changing movie for me. Sitting in that theater, hearing the opening theme, seeing the crawl and then seeing that star destroyer chasing that blockade runner - all for the first time and when you're 7 years old? Are you kidding? I was instantly hooked for life.

If you're watching it for the first time on TV instead of the theater, and you're not a kid, or if you watched the prequels first, I guess I can see how it wouldn't really resonate with you.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

1.) Dark Knight Rises...didn't hate it per se, but wasn't anywhere as good as people made it. I loved The Dark Knight tho, one of my favorite movies of all time

2.) Prometheus. Thought this movie was great and never got the hate for it.

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Prometheus would have been much better received had it not been tied into the Alien universe. As a stand alone sci-fi movie there is really nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't really seem to fit with the others, especially in tone and aesthetic.